Camshaft

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Typrus, most rodders use a pipet to cc the heads, not a syringe. I pipet is a tall graduated glass tube with a valve at the bottom.

Yes I did mean .319" valve lift. Our rockers are already 1.5:1. The .319 might be reduced by the valve lash. I think the Schneider specs are for the valve lift, lash included, so you are looking at a 25% increase in valve lift, plus the additional flow time due to the duration.
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

would there be any difference with scneider springs ???????

ill try and send a cam for re profiling 260 duration but not that much lift, i want boost
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Yes. The Schneider springs are designed to take the higher lift, higher duration, AND higher RPM's without floating. Much better.

keith, I think you mean a burett. A pipet is a plastic bulb with a small length of tube attached. Usually used for small chemical or liquid transfers. A Burett is a highly accurate graduated tube used to measure into objects, not out of. As such, the graduation marks are marked with 0 at the top rather than the bottom to better indicate total amount of fluid dispensed.

I know my stuff.

I don't really have massively easy access to one keith, they aren't cheap. And I dunno what my chem department would say to me measureing fluids into a cylinder head.... Though Halverson is a really cool guy... Anyone here ever made Thermite? :twisted: :shock: RAWR.

I suppose a Burett would be far more accurate.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Ok burette, been a long time since chemistry class.

Thermite yes.