Chopped

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

this is a post I put on the Yahoo forum last night before I was informed that there was a new site for the 4WD tercel...

Well..I just joined this group. I have a 1984 SR5 Wagon that I have
had for almost 5 years. It is ugly beyond all belief. wood sticker
sidings is all I have to say. it had no dents in it when I bought
it..but this was my first car as a teenager and that 4WD was too
tempting..especially living near the beach and the mountains.
Anywho..I plant to change all that soon, I actually plan on chopping
the top on it and installing roll bars and a canvas snap on boat
top. if you want to read more on it go to
<a href='http://juando.100megsfree.com/car.html' target='_blank'>http://juando.100megsfree.com/car.html</a>

I will write more about it later.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

I also wanted to know if anyone knows how many amps the stock alternator in a 84 sr5 4wd puts out...mine doesn't have any of the info on the casing like it's supposed to. I believe it's something like 55 or 60, but I am not sure.
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

you have diamond cut headlights!!!! are they better? was thinking about buying a pair on ebay. where did you get yours and is it worth it?
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

they are worth it if you DON'T use the bulbs they ship with them..those super white lights are illegal in a lot of states because they are high wattage(they are only rated for offroad use) and it has "street lights" on it...if you leave those on the lamp wont fit right, so I took them out and just covered the small hole with electric tape. Finally, buy superwhite xenon bulbs from your local auto store...those will be legal most likely (I use Sylvania cool blue, they are awesome bright) I have heard from a couple ppl that the diamond cut headlights tend to yellow a bit over time..but I figure if that happens..I can just buy another pair brand new. so yeah, it's worth it. Gives your car a nice look.

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

:lol: Thanks for the Laugh Juando,you should get together with G-Fumes and start a Tercel Rehab~Center! :o :D :lol: :rolleyes: !!!
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

do I want to know who g-fumes is and why we need to start a rehab........

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Gasoline~Fumes and Little Hornbeam! Pay No Mind to Hornbeam,he aint right~in~the~engine after all the...EXPERIMENTS!!! :o ! :o ! :o
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

Hey, HB's engine is just fine. It's only a few miles from the body right now. :rolleyes:
It will roam the fields soon again. :)
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

This is random and off topic...but what's the fastest that anyone has gotten their tercel to go on flat ground? I know the speedometer only goes to 85, but (at least on mine) the needle clears the little stopper at the 85 mark and keeps going (I was paced next to a mustang at about 100-103 mph best). The thing is, I have a friend that had 2 tercel 4wd's and whenever we "dragged" mine always won...guessing his were just crappy internally. Fastest my little car has gone is about 135 mph down a very very very steep hill (600 foot drop in less than 2 miles) I never did that again though on account of there was only 1/4 mile stretch at the bottom of the hill to slow down..and the original brakes on these thing are not meant to stop you from 135..heh.

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

There is a thread on this in the General section somewhere. I think you take the fastest speed at 135mph though! I've only had mine up to 100mph. Over a long period of time I might have been able to go faster, but I had no desire. I use my AE86 for high speed runs and my tercel for 4wding!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS