Committed

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

Well I just bought a 4a-lc today to put into my baby. Now I'm going to begin my typical car project, one that should take 5 hours but will take a week. I'm going to be rebuilding the Carb and the clutch and put in new struts and half shafts all at once. Anyone have any tips besides pulling out my dictionary of curse words. :rolleyes:

*edit* If I pull this off I'll take some pics and post a how-to and how-not-to guide.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Oh boy!! I wanted to put an engine like that on mine! It's funny because I saw that engine in a '86 Corolla that has power on everything! I've heard that these are a little better on gas, too! Not sure though. Oh yeah the 4A-LC engine is mounted the other way instead of transversely (that's if I didn't get mixed up) and you are going to do the clutch so you're going to be doing a job just like mine. Would like to hear how it goes when you do the swap and replace those parts. Good luck! Maybe you can even help me with the procedure if you do a write-up.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

arbskynxnex wrote: Anyone have any tips besides pulling out my dictionary of curse words. :rolleyes:

*edit* If I pull this off I'll take some pics and post a how-to and how-not-to guide.
Alls I can say is...GOOD LUCK!!!!! And put in a good clutch.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Be~shure to check out the CV~install article in the repair~guide and the half~shafts Takza recomended looked well made. :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>