cruise control

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

just ordered cruise control from a junkyard in washington state...he said they have lots of tercels 4wd....they try to get as many as they can... he also said there are two switches for the cruise, one on the dash and one on the column. hes pulling them out tomorrow from an 86 tercel 4wd.... i didnt know there was 2 switches and apparently you need both. i got both for 50 bucks plus shipping. going to call tomorrow and see if he has ever seen the gravel guards or brush bar.

dont you think toyota has a wearhouse for parts and accessories? someone orders a brush bar for a tundra they dont make it then do they? they keep a crapload in stock. well what happens when they dont sell em? i wouldnt think they throw them away....i just think there HAS to be a oem brush bar somewhere..
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Does the tercel 4wd 3AC cruise control work for the 4age? I would imagine they are different, but don't know for sure.

You could definitely be right about the bush bar and gravel guards etc. We need to find part numbers for those parts somewhere. Once we have part numbers we can run them by Toyota and see if they have anything in stock. You'd be surprised what you might find. I know in the world of Corolla GTS's people do this sort of stuff.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

warbstrd wrote: dont you think toyota has a wearhouse for parts and accessories? someone orders a brush bar for a tundra they dont make it then do they? they keep a crapload in stock. well what happens when they dont sell em? i wouldnt think they throw them away....i just think there HAS to be a oem brush bar somewhere..
I wouldn't count on anything...I know of a Nissan car, where Nissan had a lot of OEM parts in stock and they did toss them out...due to the costs of storage they said...didn't even sell them to someone else to resell.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I'll get my self to Washington asap because there I might hit the Tercel 4WD jackpot, that is find all the Tercels I want. Oh by the way what ever happened with 3A-C Power's cruise control? Wasn't he working on it, too?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

What junkyard in Wa did you go to? Only one of the junkyards within 70 miles has any 4wd tercels and they are picked over pretty good. The only tercels I see over here belong to someone, who wouldn't appreciate me taking parts off of them.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

You're lucky to find the dash mounted switch, those are hard to find. Not many of these year Tercels had cruise control, and that switch is unique to the Tercel. Other parts can be taken off of different cars, it's just that one switch that's hard to find. I have my cruise control switch installed, but none of the rest of the system, I just haven't gotten around to it.
warbstrd
Top Notch Member

Post by warbstrd »

All Toyota Auto Recycling
27865 SR 410 East
Buckley, Washington 98321

Ask for: Scott, Matt or Bill

E-mail: dliy@AOL.COM
Phone: (800)-829-9766 or 9760
Fax: (360)-829-1852

the cruise may not be exact to the corolla, but all it is is a switch. so its just a matter of connecting the switch to the cruise computer on the corolla..i think anyway..hahaha
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Could the switch be the same (or similar) to the switches from the early 80's celicas? If so I have a few of them.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com