interior lighting

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

I was extremely bored last weekend, so i bought a dc 2 ac convertor from walmart. It handles up to 300W peak, 125W continuous, which isn't too bad coming from the cigarette lighter thing. So i went ahead and plugged that into the cig lighter, and then i have my old power strip and plugged that into the convertor. On the power strip, i have computer speakers hooked up (2 tweeters and an 8inch sub under drivers seat), i hooked up the ac for my cd player, and today i'll be buying a fan (since it's florida and we don't have air conditioning). I really need the fan, it might hit 100+ degrees this summer. And last night, my friend gave me a black light that plugs into the power strip. We turned it on last night and it looked sooo awesome! So i'm probably going to buy a few light weight black lights, get some extension cords, and tape em to the top of the sides. Very ghetto on the inside, but from the outside no one sees the mess, just the lights :)

Oh, and i took my tercel to this awesome empty dirt field to test how sensitive the e-brake was. It worked perfect! It's right next to the main road, so everyone passing by was smilin :rolleyes:
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>We need pictures! Post some pictures!</span></span> :rolleyes:

And here I thought my car was getting weird.......... ;)

Don't mind me......

Question........will that CD player handle the road vibes without skipping?

I'd like to find a CD player that could be moved from car to car and still have some good sound...something that played mp3s and so forth. Since those computer speakers are amplified, you might be on to something.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

the cd player handles well actually. It's a portable one that you can carry around with you. Eventually i'm going to get the Dell mp3 jukebox with the cool blue backlight. I'll take some photos today :P
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Watch the wattage with all those light bulbs and things. Those cheap inverters just blow when they're overloaded. If it does, you can always return it to WAL*MART, no matter what the cause.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Ice...Be~Careful,you might get arested by the "Funk~Patrol"!!! B)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

lol, i'm not worried - i got pulled over on sunday for off-roading :D Got a "careless driving" warning, was funnehz
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

You sound like another one of those KAMAKAZI OFFROADERS! Anything to get off the road....... :lol:

They followed me into a dentists office a few weeks ago when I missed my turn and said what the hey, this thing can get over that curb! :D :D :D
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

nice :D and yes, i leave tire marks in the grass everywhere
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

The lighting that I have in my car is DC and it's all neon, but I have a power distributor (that lights up neon as well) and it is controlled by buttons that are blue when off and green when active and I have two blue neon lights under the two front seats and then blue sub-rings in back...but I don't turn those on for now (in oregon it's illegal to have lighting in your vehicle if the bulb is visible outside the car) so I am going to fix that all up when I do the custom audio install I am planning for this summer
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

sound yummy, hope it all works out for ya