New Tercel 4WD for me

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

T Pie wrote: Mine has tilt as well.
BTW there's an '87 on trader online. No details, though.

<a href='http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ardist=393' target='_blank'>http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ist=393</a>
I actually had the opportunity of buying an 87 before the 85. My dad saw it go buy and I ran after it to see how much they wanted for it. The guy was selling it because he was nearly blind and his wife didn't drive manual well. He wanted $800 for it which is kind of high of a deluxe with no options except I think the tilt and A/C. Then I saw another one on craigslist.org and it was for parts because it wouldn't pass the smog here. I regret not checking that one out. I've only seen 4 87-88 SR5's here in LA. One time I was little and didn't know there was an 87 or what it looked like but I knew it was a Tercel 4WD and I was amazed. It had the alloy wheels, I think it was silver. Another one was a red 88 SR5, but I don't like the red color. Another one was passing by and I was also amazed as these cars here in LA I guess are scarce.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I'm not going to get the 85 SR5, I'm going to have to stay with the "undriveable" 83 SR5. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :( This is what I get. :unsure: Well I'll refrain from posting for a while since looking at this thread makes my temper boil. This sucks!
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Okay, now I've cooled down. I realized it happened because something better is in store for me probably. I feel happy because I still have the wonderful 83 to keep me company. I will start another thread explaining what's wrong with it because I'm going to have to fix that one.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Thats Right Carlos,Southern~California is Loaded with Tercels and everything you do to Fix-Up the 83 will add to your over~all knowledge and can be used on all the other Tercels you eventualy own! :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Thanks for cheering me up, Alan! You're right there are a lot of Tercel 4WD's around here especially 83's and 84's, so I have to wait and see what happens next year. I'd forgotten I had a real good 83 in my hands and the things I fix will certainly help me when I will own 3 Tercels, there's no doubt about that. :)