Thank you & Paint Color Codes

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
tripp

Post by tripp »

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who posts on this board. I have been a member of other forums in the past and this, by far, is the best group of people I have run across. Everyone is extremely willing to help in any way possible, and I really appreciate it. Now, on to my next question:

I had a dented fender on my 87 Wagon and was fortunate enough to find a perfect one on an 84 2dr hatchback. I was worried that it may not fot, due to year and model differences, but it bolted right on. I'm going to pick up some paint this week and a friend is going to spray it for me off of the car. The question is: Which number is the paint code? I checked on the firewall and the series of numbers are as follows:

Can someone tell me what each of these numbers represents? I would assume paint & interior colors are there (c=color? & tr=trim?) somewhere but what else is there. The numbers are as follows: 8D6 JB23 2292 Z54F

The letters underneath the codes are: C/TR/A/TM

Thanks again for all of your help!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

We're happy to help! Glad you feel welcome; tell everyone you meet with a 4wd tercel about the site!

I believe the code goes like this (for vehicles prior to '89):

C/TR/A/TM

AAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

AAA = Color Code
BBBB = Trim Code
CCCC = Axle Code
DDDD = Transmission Code

So 8D6 is your color code.

Cheers. B)
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE