Pacific NW wrecking yards

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
FriendOfEvanW
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel DX Wagon 2WD

Pacific NW wrecking yards

Post by FriendOfEvanW »

Hi again everybody!

I’m trying to stock up the milk crate in the back of the wagon, and was wondering if anybody knows which wrecking yards and used parts stores tend to have ‘80s Tercel parts laying around, if any of them do. I’ve got notifications set up on Row52.com, but most of the auto wreckers around PDX aren’t u-pull-it and have questionable online search functions. Is there a secret Tercel cemetery hidden somewhere on the west coast I don’t know about? I don’t need an entire parts car, just a few things on hand that can get me out of a tight spot should I break down in the middle of nowhere.

Once again, thanks for the strangely expansive wealth of knowledge on a specific and obscure economy car from the 1980s! I don’t know what I’d have done without this site over the last two weeks.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Pacific NW wrecking yards

Post by Petros »

there are seveal Pick-n-pulls around Portland, one in the central area and one south of the city. they used to always have Tercel4wd in stock, sometimes several. that was also true of the Pick-n-pulls near me, one in Arlington, WA and the other in Lynwood WA. I think there is one in the Arlington yard right now. but they have become few and far between these days.

I know of a few people that have their own private collection of Tercel4wd parts cars, but they do not always want to sell. at least one used to be active on this forum, screen name logbear or something. I have not heard from him in several years, I occasionally used to stop by his place to give him a hand with one of this running tercels.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

Petros wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:04 pm I think there is one in the Arlington yard right now.

I know of a few people that have their own private collection of Tercel4wd parts cars,
This may be the link to the one in Arlington, WA: https://www.picknpull.com/vehicle_detai ... W6E0086912

I am selling off my "private collection" of parts, listed in the Used Parts section this forum: viewforum.php?f=3

However, the parts I'm selling may not be suitable for road-side repairs, as such, but some are "pretty." :D
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
FriendOfEvanW
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel DX Wagon 2WD

Post by FriendOfEvanW »

ALiveSR5 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:50 pm
I am selling off my "private collection" of parts, listed in the Used Parts section this forum: viewforum.php?f=3

However, the parts I'm selling may not be suitable for road-side repairs, as such, but some are "pretty." :D
Sorry I haven't got back to you; parts that actually need replacing have taken priority over spares for now.