Finally working on Terc2

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Finally working on Terc2

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

I’m finally getting around to working on my second Tercel. The Rusty Frog developed a t/o bearing noise and needs a look. I decided to make some gains on Terc2 first. Seems to be running reasonably well, but has a fuel delivery issue. Seems to do ok pulling from a bottle, but runs dry pulling from tank. New filter first (hopefully that solves it) and then start checking fuel line or intake restriction. It has some other typical issues as well, so we will see.

I put my 14s on Terc2 and the stock wheels/tires back on the Rusty Frog. I had forgotten the size difference being this extreme. Trying to have them both available gor the Midwest Tercel Meet & Greet in just under 3 mos.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Erikwi
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 stock auto

Re: Finally working on Terc2

Post by Erikwi »

whats a take off bearing?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Erikwi wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:48 pm whats a take off bearing?
He said "t/o bearing," which means throwout bearing.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

Dropped the fuel tank on Terc2 today trying to find the fuel restriction problem. Got the tank out of the way and got a lot of rust chunks out. Very rusty, needing to replace the lines in as well as the sending unit. Hooked directly to a fuel can, have at least one leak sucking air, may have to replace the fuel line.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain