IOS a tercel wagon manual 4WD

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Smatters09
My tercel:: 1983 toyota tercel wagon 4wd 5speed

IOS a tercel wagon manual 4WD

Post by Smatters09 »

Hello everyone names seth new member here I live in western Pennsylvania and a big fan of the tercel wagons growing up as a kid my family had a big farm lots of property and my father and grandfather used to buy old beater cars from the dealership they worked at and what do you know a tercel wagon 4wd manual came in my grandfather bought the car for 200 bucks back then ended up driving the car a year on the road then ended up being a field beater for 5 long years that car always impressed you could not kill it and would go threw a thing snow mud water it didn't car and my brother and I fell in love with these cars since and have always wanted one for the road but here in western Pennsylvania honestly they just don't exist I can't remember the last time I've seen one driving around my brother had one 9 years ago but got stiffed on the title and he sadly sold the car 😥 so idk if anyone on here has an extra wagon laying around they'd let go to make a guys real happy or if any are around anyone knows about that are up for sale would be super awesome hopping to find one and learn about them further and be apart of a great tercel car group 😎 thanks in advance everyone
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: IOS a tercel wagon manual 4WD

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

you can find them out in western states where they do not use salt on the roads. if you find a good runner you should be prepared to pay a stiff price, they have become almost a cult car in the Seattle/Portland area.

You an still find fixers at low prices, but that would mean you either have to trailer it back to Penn, or spend some time getting it working good enough to drive it 3000 miles across the country. I actually have done that a number of times. so far I have made it home each time, but twice I had to leave the car part way home and go back with the parts I needed to repair it.

I know of one that was once running, but has been sitting perhaps 5 or 6 years. it needs some TLC, perhaps tires, a battery, and it should be good to go. brakes may be mushy from sitting so long, but if not too bad, it will get you home. I do not know what the owner wants for it, but I can send you pictures. Perhaps he would let it go for $1700.

it is in fair shape, interior is very good, body has some minor dents and now some surface rust where the paint was scracted or nicked. it has a lot of new parts, hoses, belts, head gasket, clutch, etc. he was going to fix it up to drive, but could not stand not driving his big pickup truck, so he never finished it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Smatters09

Post by Smatters09 »

Yeah I'd me interested in some pictures email them to me smatters09@yahoo.com I appreciate the welcoming and info thanks
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Smatters,

This one was posted here in August. A little closer to you and nobody responded, may be a possibility.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14814

Chris

PS - This fellow hasn't visited the site since September so I sent him an email to see if he still had the car.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Smatters09

Post by Smatters09 »

I like that one and Tennessee plate that would be awesome
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

1-15-11 016.jpg
these are pictures of it when he first got the car in about 2011. it has since been sitting, and is dusty and has weeds growing under it at its current parking place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)