We have lost one of our own.

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Re: We have lost one of our own.

Post by Mad_Marx » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Very sad to read this, I've been traveling and am just catching up. Tom will be missed, he was one of the first to trade messages with me here.

NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:11 pm

After a great weekend with the Rusty Frog and first long trip (with some off-roading to boot), I’ve found myself wishing I could have shared the experience with Tom. Tom was very well read, had a wonderful vocabulary and a penchant for poems. Though I only visited him once, he made a difference.

Tercels and Time

Functional, fit and capable,
With lines and angles unmistakable,

This little bird won’t fly fast,
But it was designed to work and to last,

Ready for the trail or road,
Simply get in and drive, it will go,

If not for the rust worm and passing years,
These little birds would still be found far and near,

Before cars were being self-driven by design,
This little car was built to drive and I’m thrilled it is mine.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:54 am

Sorry to BUMP an old thread but since I didn't post on it yet, I just had to..

From the looks of the picture, Tom (whichever guy in the pic he was) looks like he was a nice guy. I had some political setbacks with him in how he responded to them but I surely know he was liberal and that satisfied me because he was open to a lot of things, almost anything.

If Tom could listen to me now, I would deeply apologize for our sometimes heated discussions I have had with him and deep down I deeply respected him and his work on this site.

I know he has contributed greatly in discussion threads and possibly even technical information on different ways to repair/modify our T4wds and I think if he has any sons, they will strive to continue his legacy whatever that may be. I will gauge that they shall keep his T4wd as well and that he will do whatever in his power to keep it running for a long period of time.

So long my fellow Librother! Long live your T4wd. May you find peace in Heaven amongst my Dad, Elvis Presley, Prince, David Bowie to mention a few..... :) :) :( :(
K-Business