Tercel with Hydralic Lift Supspension???

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Guest_aussie 4x4

Post by Guest_aussie 4x4 »

around a year ago, i went to my local tercel 4x4 wrecking yard. and amongst the 4 or 5 cars was a tercel with a setup (half removed) of hydarulic lines to the machperson struts and rear shocks. The shocks were adjustable in ride height with a flick of a (genuine) switch next to 4wd lever. marked on-road and off-road. I thought this was outstanding, what a brilliant idea.!!! has anyone else seen this model? i have only seen the one model. maybe i should go back for another look!!!!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

3AC Power might know about this if it was an OEM option.

The rear ones might be easy to install. Another idea would be the poly air bags that you can put inside the springs...for the back.

aussie 4x4...login problems???

If you are running Windows, you might check in Windows\Cookies and Windows\Temporary Internet Files for any cookies with "cflcomputing" in them and delete these. Then try logging in again to see if this fixes things. Also make sure cookies aren't being blocked by your browser or by some other program. Might help.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Very cool!! Might have been an Aussie only tercel option. I know the mid late 80s subaru 4x4s in Canada had a similar option. You could go from low to high ride height with the flick of a switch.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

As far as I know it was never an option. It was probably a custom job and the guy found front and rear shocks that he could use. It would be interesting to find out what he used.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Mabey you could go take another look(pictures?),and Ill buy-ya a cold Fosters when Ya get back? :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>