Miata Daisy Wheel Caps eBay from a T4WD

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Miata Daisy Wheel Caps eBay from a T4WD

Post by ARCHINSTL »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223219596992
I just could not resist bringing Goldie into my eBay ad for Daisy wheel caps.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Re: Miata Daisy Wheel Caps eBay from a T4WD

Post by rer233 »

Just a quick FYI- you CAN run the daisy center caps on our cars. All you have to do is replace the factory acorn-style wheel lugs with standard cheepie style nuts (or cut the ends off the acorn nuts- I've done it both ways.) I got around the "Mazda" logo by buying some Toyota tri-oval plastic stick-on emblems off the I-net. Not period-correct for our cars, but hey it is a Toyota emblem. Think they cost $12 or $14 for the set of 4. Have 'em on all 3 of my Tercel drivers. Otherwise, good luck with the sale!
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I thought about doing just as you mentioned, back in 2010, but decided on the crutch tips to "be different."
Check out the center caps! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5827&p=42940&hilit=hardware#p42940
In retrospect, I'm glad I did not toss those Miata caps 8 years ago - sets like mine have gone from $75 to $100 on eBay! Even beat-up/trashed ones go for $15-20 each! Who knew?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

lots of things are like that, I had some toys and comic books that are now worth a fourtue, you get ride of things that just seem like old junk at the time.

45 years ago (I was in high school) I bought a used, beat up ten speed bike. An Italian made Olmo, only paid $10 for it, it was about 18 years old, it was just an old rusty bike (I did not know at the time but it was made in 1958). it had a mix of alloy and steel parts, all Italian made parts. Most of the parts were pitted and rusty, the leather seat stiff and cracked. I rebuilt the bike and replaced the steel parts with alloy parts by shimano, suntour and similar Japanese made components, that was all I could afford. I kept most of the old parts in a box for years, but got rid of it when I moved to another state, who would want old rusty steel bike parts? I rode the bike in high school and collage, touring, to commute to school, and a few amateur bike races. I recently I pulled it out of the bike shed (I have not ridden it in 26 years) and decided to finish the restoration I started, but could not afford to do properly back than. Looking for authentic original parts on the internet surprised me. Turns out the vintage steel original parts go on ebay for hundreds of dollars, each! if I kept the bike all original, even if beat up, the bike would be worth $2000 or more. Who knew an old Italian bike would become a rare collector's item. So I am trying now to track down vintage period correct Campagnolo parts without spending too much (I wish), to make it more authentic at least.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)