Finally got me a tercel!!!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
85tercel4wd
My tercel:: 1985 4wd SR5

Finally got me a tercel!!!

Post by 85tercel4wd »

Well i have always wanted one of these since i was 12yrs old. Took my wife and son to colorado and came across this gem for sale i had to have it. Its an 85, sr5 super clean inside, exterior has some small rust spota but nothing that cant be fixed. Has a 4ac swap and a used trans was put in 3yrs ago. Now i just need to get it shipped home to california! Very excited :D 288k on the odometer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Finally got me a tercel!!!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome !
The adventure has just begun!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

drive it back!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
85tercel4wd

Post by 85tercel4wd »

Mattel wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 amdrive it back!

I really wish I had the time!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum,

you can fly there and drive it back in a weekend. It will save you a lot of money too. car shipping companies are not cheap. Or I am sure you might be able to talk a forum member into bringing it to you for a small fee.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
85tercel4wd

Post by 85tercel4wd »

It appears after doing some thread searching I purchased this off a fellow member. Devin. Its great to see everything that was done, almost all of it seems to be documented on the forum. Looks like Petro helped him rebuild the 4ac thats in it. The car is currently on a carrier and will be delivere tomorrow.

Thanks guys!
85tercel4wd

Post by 85tercel4wd »

Productive weekend, installed a head unit that was sitting on a shelve in my garage and hooked up the inclinometer that fortunately came with the purchase of the car. Hoping to order Abra lift soon and some 27" tires and 14" wheels. I'm really debating weather or not to tint the windows

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

congratulations, and welcome to the Forum!

hope everything goes well getting it smogged in California

I went through that a few years back with my '87 DLX T4WD, and fortunately it still had the stock carburetor and all the original emissions components

in order to get it to pass smog, I did have to replace the EGR valve, the oxygen sensor, and the AAP diaphragm... and I replaced all of the vacuum lines with new tubing to ensure that they were hooked up according to specs and to guarantee there were no leaks

keep us apprised of your progress

where are you located in California?
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
85tercel4wd

Post by 85tercel4wd »

I'm in socal, Huntington beach to be exact. I just rebuilt the carb but I dont know forsure if it will pass.The guy I bought it for said it failed Colorado emissions so I highly doubt it will. I know a guy that will pass it no matter what and i may go that route. I will continue the build process!
Thanks!