Anyone parting out a Tercel wagon? - in LA.

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
loess
Advanced Member

Re: Anyone parting out a Tercel wagon? - in LA.

Post by loess »

Udara, I finally made it over to my storage space and grabbed the rearview mirror. Unfortunately I had forgotten until I dug it out that it's in less than ideal condition. It is structurally fine, but as you can see the top layer of plastic is slightly flaked off and there's some wear around the edges of mirror itself. But if you can use it, I can ship it to you in the UK...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Udara15
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Sprinter Carib

Post by Udara15 »

Thank you @loess, i’ll drop you a PM.
Udara15

Post by Udara15 »

My Sprinter Carib is now quite close to being completed, so i thought i'd share some pictures...

I'm not entirely happy with how the brown (4b5 Brown) turned out on the lower part of the car, as it looks to be too light- so this may need to be repainted in a darker brown, before the car gets shipped over to the UK.

But i still need a few small bits (such as the windscreen surround trim and a brown centre console) - if anyone is willing to ship these to the UK, i'll be interested! (i'll pay of course).

Udara
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

How's the progress on your wagon Udara?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Udara15

Post by Udara15 »

Progress is good, i’ve attached a few more recent pictures of the car here..

Little bit annoyed that the bodyshop painted the two tone brown the wrong shade - i’m going to get this repainted before the car is shipped to the UK.

I’ve finally managed to source a parts car here in the UK - so I will be taking the complete drivetrain to put back into my Spinter Carib (since mine had been converted to Diesel).

The parts car also has a clean brown interior which will also be going into my car, i’ll attach a few pictures of the donor car when I get a chance. Feels a bit sad taking one of the last remaining Tercels (in the UK) off the road - but it will be for a good cause!

Thanks,

Udara
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

I like the painted bumpers. I personally wouldn't do it, but I think they look sweet!
Udara15

Post by Udara15 »

Thank you!

I only wanted them painted as my car came like this from factory (in the correct brown of course) - similar to the one in the attached picture.

I’m trying to get mine to look as close to this as possible!