T4WD. Spotted in haiti

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
C130
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 280K Lift and 195 75 14.

T4WD. Spotted in haiti

Post by C130 »

My brother went to Haiti last week and this was one of the photos he sent me. 90% sure that’s a terk in the left corner. Also I’m about three years into my t4wd and I’ve gotta say I love it more than some of the nicer cars I’ve owned. Sure it only does 50 on the way to Tahoe but what it lacks in speed it makes up in sheer character. Plus she’ll go As fast as you want her to on the down hills but I think we can all admit that’s a dangerous game in these cars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: T4WD. Spotted in haiti

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Yup - what a story that car could tell, what with all of the travails that unfortunate country has endured/suffered in recent years!
Out of curiosity - why was he there?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
oldfaithful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD

Post by oldfaithful »

I don’t think that’s a Terc, maybe a 4 Runner. The back side window isn’t shaped like the Terc. Hopefully I’m wrong. It’s great to spot them all around the world.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

Looks like a honda crv.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

my guess is a first gen Honda CRV also, we owned one for a while. looks like an oversized Tercel4wd, at a distance I also make that mistate. Even from the rear, the tall tail lights alone the sides, and the off set rear license plate holder (aka, the soda dispenser).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

C130 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 pm My brother went to Haiti last week and this was one of the photos he sent me. 90% sure that’s a terk in the left corner. Also I’m about three years into my t4wd and I’ve gotta say I love it more than some of the nicer cars I’ve owned. Sure it only does 50 on the way to Tahoe but what it lacks in speed it makes up in sheer character. Plus she’ll go As fast as you want her to on the down hills but I think we can all admit that’s a dangerous game in these cars.
I have some Haitian friends at my work. I know a bunch of them drive Toyotas as well but the more modern 4-Runner types and so on. Never knew that that someone had one down there! That's AWESOMERIC!
K-Business
C130
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 280K Lift and 195 75 14.

Post by C130 »

Yeah I was spun when the one photo my brother sent me from his Haiti trip had a tercel wagon tucked in the left corner. I'm toiling with the decision to sell mine now. Have to move soon.