Stereo solution?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Stereo solution?

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

I tend to enjoy music during my ride home from work and have been missing my Alpine/Pioneer combo in the Prizm. While this solution won't jam like the Prizm, it will likely be adequate for me.

It won't rattle my teeth or anything, but blue toothed to my phone (i tunes), it is pretty slick. It's nice to have elsewhere as well :)

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Stereo solution?

Post by Petros »

Is that speaker/device attached, or tied down in some way?

If not, it should be. something that large can cause serious head injury in a minor accident if it does not stay securely in place.

I keep thinking I should update the factory radio, mostly I listen to news and talk, so quality is not quite as important. but I have noticed that in most modern radios, the AM band usually has very poor reception, which is where most of the news channels exist.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

My pioneer stereo has bluetooth it's great :oldgeek:
teranfirbt
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD, 5AFE, lifted rear, 195/70/14 tires

Post by teranfirbt »

I remember a similar solution for my old Celica that involved a portable cd player and computer speakers back in the day, was tons better than the nothing that I had, lol.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

teranfirbt wrote:I remember a similar solution for my old Celica that involved a portable cd player and computer speakers back in the day, was tons better than the nothing that I had, lol.
Haha. Glad I wasn't the only one doing that back then. I did get a bit more creative and took the cases off the speakers and mounted them then used the internal amp and wired that into where the stereo would have been. I thought i was the coolest kid in high school. Man I miss my festiva.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

BaileySims wrote:
teranfirbt wrote:I remember a similar solution for my old Celica that involved a portable cd player and computer speakers back in the day, was tons better than the nothing that I had, lol.
Haha. Glad I wasn't the only one doing that back then. I did get a bit more creative and took the cases off the speakers and mounted them then used the internal amp and wired that into where the stereo would have been. I thought i was the coolest kid in high school. Man I miss my festiva.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have heard those little cars were rugged (rural mailman used them for years), but I don't know that I've ever seen anybody "miss" them!

The ol' boom box days. Now I never used one in a vehicle, but I remember a $200 Christmas gift with removable speakers that I could throw on my shoulder including tape, CD and radio!! My how things change.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain