Another 250+ mile Saturday morning :)

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Another 250+ mile Saturday morning :)

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

Picked up some bass and bluegill for the farm pond this morning, likin' the wagon. Spent some of the Interstate time running 3600-3800 rpm, cruising along. I'll be swapping to the 14s before long at this rate. It goes down the road great, but I think I have a "toe" issue causing uneven wear on the old 13s, I'll have the front end aligned when I put the 14s on:).

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Another 250+ mile Saturday morning :)

Post by Petros »

beware the "fish wagon" odor, double bag and double check for leaks! I hate it when that happens.

This reminds me of one unkind gag; put a fish under the seat of your buddy's car. works especially good on a frozen winter day. it will take days for it to be discovered.

One time I bought a Tercel4wd fixer sight unseen, real cheap. The guy even towed it over to my house too. window was left down about 4" for several winters in our very wet PNW (the window regulator was stripped). So in addition to the other known repairs, the whole interior was damp and moldy...but the real surprise came when I removed the rear seat. I found about 3 lbs of old dog food kibbles growing there, a solid scary mass of black mold. A bag of dog food must have spilled and got under the seat some time last century. Needless to say I ripped it all out (wearing a respirator!) and threw away all of the interior. Lucky for me the local wrecking yard had an SR5 arrive with a near perfect interior in the same color, I took all of it for my new acquisition.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

you will like the 14s, swapped out my 175-65-14 for some 185-70-14 yesterday,went for a cruze on the highway this afternoon and at 70mph she was turning about 3500-3600rpm.. didn't really notice any loss of power getting up to speed.but they filled the wheel wells out better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Nice looking Tercel!!

Is that a stock luggage rack? or something you added. I can't say I would use it often, but I like the look.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

T4WD augury?

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member

Post by jimcrazy »

its a stock rack ,,I use it 2-3 times a summer when we head up to the cottage,,i put my roof pod on it, just heading to my shop in a few to paint the pod to match the car 2 tone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Thanks jimcrazy,

I will have to keep my eyes open and knab a set of stock racks sometime.

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member

Post by jimcrazy »

back home another project almost done,,needs a coat of clear on it
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

4 yrs in and I’m still plugging away, but I wanted to share a couple of pics from yesterday. This is my fourth or fifth trip this spring with nice results. I would guess the largemouth bass are adding about a pound/year thus far.

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain