What have you done to your wagon lately?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Re: What have you done to your wagon lately?

Post by Ridlbox »

received_876203619095072.jpeg
:mrgreen: Those headlights look pretty awesome, can you see much better in the dark with them.
I myself added 2.. 12 inch subs and 1200 watts of power.
It can now be heard at Drive-In.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I can see a good bit better with them, its just weird coming from the yellowish hue of older headlights to the bright white color of these haha.

So you think you got some beats huh? haha I just bought this the other day, I'm waiting on my wiring kit to come in!
Orion 15" with a 3000 watt Power Acoustik amp to push it!
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by BaileySims »

4wdEconoBox wrote:I can see a good bit better with them, its just weird coming from the yellowish hue of older headlights to the bright white color of these haha.

So you think you got some beats huh? haha I just bought this the other day, I'm waiting on my wiring kit to come in!
Orion 15" with a 3000 watt Power Acoustik amp to push it!
Man! Hahaha! I had to downgrade my setup to 2 tens and a 2200 watt in the terc with all that air ride shit i have in thr back. I also have an orion 15 laying in the garage. Planning to get rid of it because it blew my 5k watt amp in the honda.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

My inner black half came out too, so I have a mini 500 watt amp with one of those loud speakers under the hood. Haha! I normally listen to a bunch of heavy metal though.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Hahaha, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it work, I have two 5 gallon buckets that I have to bring everywhere for work, so I may have to build a false floor so that I can move the box back some more and over the struts or I may need to make a new box, we'll see though haha. I may just have to trade the system for something smaller because I'm not sure if my little tercs alt can handle all of that extra power.. :/ hahaha.

I've also got two P.A. horns that I took apart and mounted under my headlights in the front, super loud, all the black folks look at me crazy when I'm blaring music louder than they are hahahaha.

I still wish I could have an air ride setup like yours Bailey.... Until then I guess I'll cut my springs like all of the "cool" kids hahaha.
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

I like that box its lower profile than mine. I had to black out the windows so nobody would see the box. Before I only had an 8 inch bass tube. Which allowed me to keep the deck cover in I want to make side panels for the rear that will hold two twelves, similar to the way Ford did in the 90's model explorers. It would give me full access to the trunk. Right now if I get a flat tire I gotta move the box out to fix it. Keeping my fingers crossed I still have yet to get a single flat tire in this car my spare is brand spanking new 5 years almost.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

4wdEconoBox wrote:Hahaha, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it work, I have two 5 gallon buckets that I have to bring everywhere for work, so I may have to build a false floor so that I can move the box back some more and over the struts or I may need to make a new box, we'll see though haha. I may just have to trade the system for something smaller because I'm not sure if my little tercs alt can handle all of that extra power.. :/ hahaha.

I've also got two P.A. horns that I took apart and mounted under my headlights in the front, super loud, all the black folks look at me crazy when I'm blaring music louder than they are hahahaha.

I still wish I could have an air ride setup like yours Bailey.... Until then I guess I'll cut my springs like all of the "cool" kids hahaha.
Hahaha! Yes! That's so sick! I wonder how the difficulty is on building a box? I used to have 2 kicker comp 12s in there that sounded beautiful but I wanted to put the cargo cover back in place to hide all the stuff and that box was too big. You might want to consider getting a capacitor. I noticed my alternator is on its way out the door so I got a cap from my friend and it helps out quite a good deal. I just need to find some mounts for it because it's just floating around on the cargo cover. I'll have to take a picture when I get off work today.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

Ridlbox wrote:I like that box its lower profile than mine. I had to black out the windows so nobody would see the box. Before I only had an 8 inch bass tube. Which allowed me to keep the deck cover in I want to make side panels for the rear that will hold two twelves, similar to the way Ford did in the 90's model explorers. It would give me full access to the trunk. Right now if I get a flat tire I gotta move the box out to fix it. Keeping my fingers crossed I still have yet to get a single flat tire in this car my spare is brand spanking new 5 years almost.
I have thought about this spare tire issue as well. I talked to the guy who welded my rear bags uo and he was showing me all his custom fabrication work. I was thinking about having him build me one of those tire racks that the jeeps have, the ones that swing open. 700 bucks doesn't seem half bad.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Its not terribly hard to build a box, me and buddy of mine build them, well I mainly am just a helper, he does all of the calculations and cuts and everything, but from watching him do it, I think I could easily build one. Thats my biggest problem, I want to have to full access to my cargo area, and I also want to have back seats.... So thats why I'm thinking I might need a smaller set up, because that sub needs a good amount of air space in order to breath right. Maybe I can talk my buddy into helping me find a solution. I need to look into getting a nice cap, but I've never used one, so idk. I might just end up making a full length roof rack for a spare or two, that would be the easiest and cheapest solution. Plus if its done right it would look pretty nice!

As promised, heres a picture of my wood floor! It was a pain in the rear to do, plus my jig saw gave out on me half way through so I had to finish it off with 4 1/2 inch grinder haha.
lucafusi
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by lucafusi »

4wdEconoBox wrote:As promised, heres a picture of my wood floor! It was a pain in the rear to do, plus my jig saw gave out on me half way through so I had to finish it off with 4 1/2 inch grinder haha.
That is dope as hell.
1984 Tercel 4x4 SR5
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Thanks! The only bad thing is that if I have a spare under it, it sticks up just a little bit, which is why I think I'm going to build a roof rack for a spare I might even end up throwing one of those nice led light bars on the front! I plan on using two pieces of angle iron and putting wood boards as the connecting rails. I don't know, with trial and error it should be nice!
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

Whaatt?! Let me know about the light bar. I planned to do it on mine but I've been buying a bunch of bs lately. Haha. All I need is one of those roof baskets and a light bar and I told my wife I was going to be done spending money on it... for now. That trunk takes me back! Haha. 5 years ago I had a focus and a buddy and I decided to do laminate wood flooring. Bad idea. Looked cool as hell but everything in there would slide around all day.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I will, I've got to figure out how I'm gonna do the rack first. I want to make one without having to weld anything, or with the minimum amount of welding. So thats why I'm thinking angle iron and wood. If anyone has any ideas or pictures of ones they've done or seen that would give me inspiration would be great! If not, I'll just wing it and see how it comes out! Anyone know how much angle iron is going for?
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

Which route are you trying to go with that? I lucked out and bought ones like this for 30 bucks. http://ep.yimg.com/ay/orsracksdirect/th ... cars-2.png

Luckily thule sells just the keys and they were 15 for 2 keys I think. They look like shit but work like a charm.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I'm wanting something more custom, something like these...Kind of...