What have you done to your wagon lately?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

What have you done to your wagon lately?

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Besides the engine rebuild I've been tidying up a few things and getting everything looking good!

New shifter boots

Wetsanded, cleaned and color filled numbers on the shifter knob

Removed broken tail light and put a good one in

Led tag lights

I also put in a new passenger side window regulator, I need to put the drivers side regulator in because mine is completely stripped, but I can't seem to find the handle that rolls the window down.... haha, speaking of that, anyone have a tan one they want to get rid of? I also need a few other tan or brown interior pieces, let me know if you have any! hahaha

Ohh, I also removed my temporary water bottle air filter "intake pipe" and made a new one out of a 16oz peace tea can, I'll snap a pic of it tomorrow and upload it, it looks alright!

Thanks for reading, I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has been up to!!!
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Re: What have you done to your wagon lately?

Post by jimcrazy »

lets see ,put a new set of front axles and seals in,set of rear wheel bearings, some leds in front parking lights, other than that just been clocking the miles on it, changed the oil today 4500 miles in the last 30 days going nowhere lol
simon guey
My tercel:: 85sr5

Post by simon guey »

hi/low hid 5000k
led fog lamps (3000k vinyl film over them)
gear oil change (new method with out funnel)
one other thing ...
my friend had headlight restore paste that i rubbed on tail light plastic after 30 seconds it was brighter red and yellow than the other side so i
rubbed till i got tennis elbow on both sides both elbows... nice improvement in brightness for tail light.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Post by larry mcgrath »

Where did you find the Black shifter boots ? Larry :D
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

larry mcgrath wrote:Where did you find the Black shifter boots ? Larry :D
Perhaps this was the inspiration?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5074&hilit=shifter
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I still need to change my gear oil also...:/ Maybe one day haha.... And I just bought some of that plastix for all of my plastic lenses, I'll probably wetsand then buff everything this weekend! I've been looking at some aftermarket headlights too, I never can make my mind up though :( haha. I love those led fog lights!!! What kind are they?

And yes that thread was very inspirational Archinstl, even though I didn't use the templates from there, I ended up just cutting my old one apart and using it as my template and got it sewed up at my buddy's auto upholstery shop!!!! haha
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Thankfully, I haven't had to do much except drive it :lol:

(still working on AC issues and just bought a wagon that needs a head gasket, though)
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

20150820_130646.jpg
Found these at the auto parts store for just a few bucks they work perfect for the locks on the rear seats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Well I found a little spare time so I wetsanded and buffed the taillights, and they are sooooo much better looking!!!

Before

After

Aslo heres a picture of my Peace Tea "intake" hahaha

I like those Ridlbox, gives me inspiration, now to find me some!! haha
simon guey

Post by simon guey »

4wdeconobox,
good job on tail light i got about same results. well worth the effort
it can be done with toothpaste too and most of us should have some around already

about after market headlights
i got the hid kit free thats why i went there
i got http://www.ebay.com/itm/7x6-H6014-H6052 ... 2c807665fb
for 33 usd free shipping
i like the amber led lights in them but you get what you pay for.
i already wished i woulda got the hella set with e-code but much more $
i have yet to see rain and long term durability from them but visibility grately improved i have yet to be flashed by others in low beam but feels like im on high beam all the time.

an issue i have to look into is that highbeams work but the inside indicator quit.
bulb out or needs resistance?

the fog lamps are ebay too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252062094970
$40 usd
they impress me for price super bright
i got the spot ones ,they have flood also
40 usd a pair the provided mount bolted right to a fastener already under bumper in front of turn signal
the pig tail is very thin and my wireing to them 3x the size with second defroster switch and a relay.
i also put two layers of 3000k vinyl film over them this made them a little less bright and fog lamp looking like from 1985 haha
read some were that 3000k color good in rain will have to wait to see as portland has had little for months now not clomplaining
i aimed them two inches lower than low beams at 25ft no one has flashed me at night yet but light up in front of car yellow and then a pure white from hid in front of that they could be aimed to light up very far away if you wanted at least the spots i got. maybe i should of gotten floods for my use
on hind sight i should of thought about front turn signal more as the side markers are very dim as turn signal and need to get a led compatible relay now if any has a sugestion on that ?
i am shopping for upgrade front turn signals now thinking led and they are on all the time and blink off when you turn in harmony with side markers

i have been looking at the12volt ebsite at relay examples and there is one that turns momentary on to solid on
so you wire cornering lights to turn signal switch to look around corners that would be so cool and not expensive considering the dropping price of leds

if they last a year ill get more for rear back up light they would light up an acre when backing up

typing with thumbs sorry for my poor english skilld
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

I'll have to remember that about the toothpaste, I remember using that on CDs back in the day! Haha

The headlights I ordered are very similar to yours, but I got the one that has the angel eye LEDs all the way around the light and mine didn't come with the hids... :(
But I plan on retrofitting some bi-xenon projectors in these housings when I get then anyway, either some morimotos or fx-r's, their both kind of pricy, but they're very bright with a nice cut off, and they're the only option for us folks with 7x6s haha.

I might have to get some if those fogs though, they look good!

I've been looking into running some LEDs for my turns also(and other lights), but I was going to use the other lights beside the headlights, not the corners, mainly because I can fit bigger led panels in them...I found a good place for LEDs yesterday, superbrightleds.com, they have a lot of cool things at pretty reasonable prices, I need to search some more for LEDs as turns, I seen a thread some where talking about them but haven't found it since then haha
simon guey

Post by simon guey »

i was thinking same thing i think
of putting a amber cob led panel inside of thin light next to head light with side marker and headlight halo all amber led
but blinks with turn switch
with the rain and over cast here in winter i like the idea of safety lights on even with light switch off. (drl)
i took a look at superbrightleds.com
so many posibilities with the flat pannels like for tail lights inside etc.
simon guey

Post by simon guey »

just noticed hard wood floors in back of your car? pics please.
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

If I'm correct I found those at O'Reillys
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Exactly Simon, I want to do something with more LEDs, I like the way the tails the as they are, but up front I like LEDs haha, here's my headlights I just installed with the halo eyes on!!Image

And I looked at O'Reillys ridlbox, but I couldn't find any that I really liked :/

Ohh and I'll snap some pictures of the wood trunk floor tomorrow!