New from TX

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Re: New from TX

Post by BaileySims »

Hahaha! Yes! That hood is amazing! Digging the color too. I'm about to paint mine soon as well. Pearl white with lime green pearl flakes. I was planning on painting the bumpers as well so it looks a little more full.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

The previous owner painted it with white house paint using a roller. the old blue paint was faded and peeling off. So we figured it would make a good "art" car since the paint was junk already (I normally hate art cars).

We took 1000 grit paper and wet sanded it to prepare for the artwork, and it came out remarkably good looking. took out all of the roller orange peel look, and made the acrylic paint look decent too. It was the only way my daughter would consider driving a nerdmobile like a 30 year old '80's econo-box. She is happy with it now that I painted on the dragon (all of her friends like it too). It gets her back and forth to work and school, and to see her boy friend.

Some day we hope to finish the dragon body down the side, add some read highlights, and perhaps cover the roof with little bat profiles. What the heck, the paint on it was crap anyway. it was fun to do.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

I don't see how it's a nerdmobile, the Tercel is pretty cool and looks unique.
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

any '80's econo-box that her dad drove since she was a baby is a "nerdmobile".

I like the Tercel too, it reminds me of a rugged little "mini-SUV". I even thought of taking some of that "picnic blanket" plaid fabric from some old seat covers I have laying around and making a matching vest and hat to wear while I drive it. But than my daughters and wife would likely pretend they do not know who I am when I wear it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Petros wrote:any '80's econo-box that her dad drove since she was a baby is a "nerdmobile".

I like the Tercel too, it reminds me of a rugged little "mini-SUV". I even thought of taking some of that "picnic blanket" plaid fabric from some old seat covers I have laying around and making a matching vest and hat to wear while I drive it. But than my daughters and wife would likely pretend they do not know who I am when I wear it.
Brother - we are there!
Love the vest and hat idea - but would get the same reaction from daughters and, esp., the gkids!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain