4WD OE Rear Spring Numbers

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

4WD OE Rear Spring Numbers

Post by ARCHINSTL »

For those who are searching, the official Toy number for the OE rear springs for the 4WD is 48231-16190. This was supplied by my source at Butler Toy in Indy. The price was $41 each. Unfortunately, they were not available at any dealer in the USA or at the CA Mothership. The contact's info has been accurate, as he has found parts at other locations in the past for me.

Still, if anyone wants to try their local dealer, above is the number - maybe they would be buried in the attic and are not in a system? I wonder if any Canadian dealers would have these?
YaNeverNo....

As an addendum, I just received yet another follow-up note from Pedders in Australia from my inquiry last Fall (these guys are good!). Anyway, the USA price is still $170 the pair. I had questioned him about the "HD" listing, as frequently "HD" is an appellation that every vendor uses for every part...his answer:
"The HD mean they are stronger than OE – but they will not turn your vehicle into a cement truck. They are quite civil."
Typrus got these - did they ever make it into a surviving vehicle?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
davep1968
My tercel:: 86 SR5

Re: 4WD OE Rear Spring Numbers

Post by davep1968 »

I put the Pedders springs in my Tercel with great results. My Tercel has LPG gas in the rear too, around 100kgs extra when full. The springs (HD) are perfect, even when towing a trailer.

https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3821
Balanced on the biggest wave, you race towards an early grave.