Front / rear axle diff gaskets

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

Front / rear axle diff gaskets

Post by JDNightFox »

Has someone found part numbers for the front and rear differential gaskets? I need to pull my rear axle and I would like to put an actual gasket on it.

So far I found these: https://www.carid.com/fel-pro/different ... l=93622014 for the rear axle
Also found Toyota part number 42181-12010 from https://www.discountpartsmonster.com/au ... ntial-scat

Front axle part number 41182-16010 from https://parts.olathetoyota.com/auto-par ... -axle-scat

Is the front and rear the same?

Someone please verify if these are correct

I think the axle / transmission oil drain plug gaskets are 12157-10010 also
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Front / rear axle diff gaskets

Post by Petros »

front and rear gaskets for the diff are not the same at all. front has a cover, on an alloy case with an irregular shape. rear is the third member assembly that bolts to a stamped metal housing with a round shape.

I would be surprised if you can find them new. you may have to make them, or revert to using Form-a-gasket (like everyone else).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

Post by JDNightFox »

Petros wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm front and rear gaskets for the diff are not the same at all. front has a cover, on an alloy case with an irregular shape. rear is the third member assembly that bolts to a stamped metal housing with a round shape.

I would be surprised if you can find them new. you may have to make them, or revert to using Form-a-gasket (like everyone else).
The rear gasket I found does look like the correct one, but I have yet to find a front for it
teranfirbt
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD, 5AFE, lifted rear, 195/70/14 tires

Post by teranfirbt »

I use a thin layer of ultra gray RTV on most things anymore instead of gaskets, I've had a lot better results in terms of leaks, plus it's cheap and you don't have to worry about finding it.
atoyta
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 3 wagons now

Post by atoyta »

I use the FPIG from Toyota part # FIPG 00295-01281 for this type of thing. Seems to work better than generic silicone sealants.