Inner Tie Rods box identification:

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel SR5 4WD

Re: Inner Tie Rods box identification:

Post by BaileySims »

Is the tie rod stamped with anything?
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Beck Arnly no longer makes parts, they resell other vendors parts. And they are no longer the quality they once were.

this happened after a buy out a number of years ago by a large parts supplier. clearly the geniuses thought they will improve profits by selling cheaper parts. The last thing I ordered from them were a set of piston rings for a rebuild on my daily driver T4wd. there were three different size rings, out of the set of four, in the package.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

Do you still have the old ones? I could possibly work out a switch if you're interested. With my car being hit, it just sits there, I replaced the tie rod ends a few months prior to the accident and I'm sure they are still good. I have the moog tie rods in it. If the time ever comes, I'll be replacing everything underneath again anyway.
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.
BaileySims
Highest Ranking Member

Post by BaileySims »

Ah, the infamous random clunk. I had that for quite awhile and I don't remember if I ever narrowed it down to what was causing it, I just replaced everything and it went away.

I was just offering because the hit I took was directly to the wheel/fender and a bit of the door area. I'm pretty sure my steering rack is toast anyhow and I was just going to go with brand new everything underneath as soon as the insurance company decides to pay out.

Nothing about the steering is loose, it just doesn't turn smoothly anymore so I'm not trying to be a hazard on the road. Im pretty sure my car isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's been 3 months and not a thing has gotten done.

I think I'm having tercel withdraws to be honest. :(
WAGON MAFIA.
Blood, sweat and beers.