Center exhauset pipe

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Center exhauset pipe

Post by toughtercel »

Hi everyone .
It been a while since I poke my nose into this 4Wd web site . Yes , I'm Still driving T4WD as daily driver .
Any way , there a huge problem that i went to several parts store that " Intermediate exhaust pipe " are NO LONGER AVAILABLE . OUCH !!
Please me out , thanks
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Center exhauset pipe

Post by Petros »

I do not know about where you live, but in Washington state there are a lot of muffler shops that can fabricate any exhaust pipe part, and weld it into place if you want, for a fairly reasonable cost. You just need to drive south of the border to get it done.

they can also fabricate the pipe with bolt on flanges if you want, so you can remove/replace it at home with normal tools. Though I have found that the welded up exhaust system holds up better, fewer leaks, loose parts, etc. You can even have the system made of stainless steel pipe, heavy gauge large dia pipe, etc.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

Hi Petros .
I saved two old Intermediate pipe with only rust it out at the very end where the muffle hook up to , 90 % of the pipe look new .
My T4WD is in the muffle shop now to cut up at before the Diff. and add new piece there then add new muffler .
OK , I remember I use to order brand new from part store , I guess ,I have been out of date for long time . i remember last time , I order a new pipe from Bellingham's O'Reilly part store about 6 years ago for my " American version Tercel4WD"
It is the storage now and now I am driving a "Canadian Version T4WD "

thank you Petros
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I have noticed a lot of things for the t4wd getting harder to find. there are much fewer glass suppliers for new replacement windshields, and there are fewer new manufacture CV axles, and I would say likely fewer remans as well. A lot of other small odd engine parts that used to be routinely available have also disappeared.

It seems to me this forum is a lot less active as well, fewer people keeping their T4wd on the road I guess.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)