Flexplate to Torque Converter Bolts

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
andrewjoelpeters
My tercel:: 1981 4-door Sedan
Location: School in Santa Fe, NM; Summers in Bristol Bay, AK; Home at Bainbridge Island, WA

Flexplate to Torque Converter Bolts

Post by andrewjoelpeters »

Hi,
Stripped out two of the bolts connecting the flexplate to the torque converter. Anybody know of a part number or where I can find these?

Thanks!
A.J.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Flexplate to Torque Converter Bolts

Post by irowiki »

Find a local fastener place and take one of your good bolts in, and they'll size it up for you and sell you some.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I do not recall on the auto trans, but I seem to remember they were 12mm just like the clutch cover bolts. they are high strength bolts (hardened steel), not your normal mild steel as used on most other location. So if you find replacements make sure they are high strength bolts. if you can not find exact replacements, you might consider replacing all of them with the new bolt. that way they will all weight the same and not cause a vibration if you get different length, or different size head, etc.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
andrewjoelpeters
My tercel:: 1981 4-door Sedan
Location: School in Santa Fe, NM; Summers in Bristol Bay, AK; Home at Bainbridge Island, WA

Post by andrewjoelpeters »

Petros wrote:I do not recall on the auto trans, but I seem to remember they were 12mm just like the clutch cover bolts. they are high strength bolts (hardened steel), not your normal mild steel as used on most other location. So if you find replacements make sure they are high strength bolts. if you can not find exact replacements, you might consider replacing all of them with the new bolt. that way they will all weight the same and not cause a vibration if you get different length, or different size head, etc.
Great, I think I'll follow this route. Pulled one today, 12mm with "7" written on the head. For some reason I thought they had a finer-than-normal thread, but it looks like a normal metric bolt. Thanks for the help!