'84 T4wd SR5, Seattle area $2800

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

'84 T4wd SR5, Seattle area $2800

Post by Petros »

This is list member Tercel4wdrules car, he was afraid it would not meet current CA emissions and cost too much to bring it up to spec. I gave it a detailed once over and drove it to the Puget Sound area from LA to try and sell it for him, it is one of the most quiet T4wd I have driven. It is in excellent condition with relatively low miles so trying to get a good price (list members would get a discount of course!).

A recent interested buyer was very enthusiastic about this car and the price, but backed out until after he moved his family. So I think the price is within range of what good examples are now selling for. No rust at all, it was a California car its whole life. Never wrecked or even dented. all original too!

see the listing here:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2566413841.html

ad reads:

One of the best little classic 4wd cars ever built, very reliable, great fuel economy and 4-wheel drive. It is in excellent condition, all original, with relatively low miles 169,000. It was a California car its whole life, no rust at all, never wrecked or even dented. Excellent near new all season tires on stock steel wheels with original Toyota hub caps (extra set of factory alloy wheels available if desired). It also has the center console with the inclinometer, has full instrument cluster with tachometer and temp gauge. Original Toyota AM/FM radio. The interior was recently removed and cleaned and than reinstalled. The dash and all seats in great condition, driver's seat only has two tiny holes on the side. It smells good and clean in the car. All the glass is excellent (no leaks, chips or cracks). Exhaust system is in excellent condition. All ball joints and suspension rubber in good condition. 4wd works excellent, as does the trans (all syncros good, no whine or gear noises), it has the 5 speed plus the Extra low granny first in 4wd. Good battery. This car also has the optional larger double row radiator.

Runs very smooth and quite, better than most. List of stuff that was replaced within the last 2,500 miles...

-New front semi-metallic brake pads, new rear shoes, rebuilt rear brake cyl.
-new passenger side inner tie-rod (Beck/Arnley)
-new intake/exhaust manifold gasket
-new carb mounting gaskets
-new pcv valve & grommet
-replacement used distributor
-new fuel filter
-most of the vac hoses have been replaced
-spark plugs replaced a yr ago (NGK), and new NGK spark plug wires
-new EGR mounting gasket, replaced the EGR vacuum modulator with used one
-used replacement TVSV valve
-new valve cover gasket & grommets
-New thermostat and antifreeze and new radiator hoses and radiator cap

'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Re: '84 T4wd SR5, Seattle area $2800

Post by Neu »

Gah I want that car, but just can't afford it.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

better hurry, I have had seven inquires the first day the ad went up. One offer so far from the first guy to look at it friday night, a bit low so I am going to wait for the weekend to country offer.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Like Petros mentioned, it's a clean California car!! Too bad I have to part with it, I will miss it, but I have too many cars and it's difficult to keep up with then all. I just hope it goes to a good home.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

SOLD! $2500!

Post by Petros »

Revived a $500 deposit last night for it. He will come back on Thruday with another driver to pay for it and take it home. I threw in the factory alloy wheels that David Luca Barns left with me that he did not want anymore (thanks DLB, you helped make the sale!). I'll introduce him to the list.