84 Toyota Tercel 4 wheel drive - $1400 Los Angeles

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
marinecook

84 Toyota Tercel 4 wheel drive - $1400 Los Angeles

Post by marinecook »

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/car/579774734.html

Good deal out in california... the seller is a super nice guy. I was going to buy it from him, but some jerks from Oregon said they'd buy it first, so he held it for them, then they just blew him off and never showed up.

I just bought my first tercel today, but if I'd known this one was back up for sale I would've gone for it over the one I got. He sent me a couple extra pictures, it looks like it's in really good shape.

Here's a under the hood pic he sent me through e-mail:

Image[/url]

woops! didn't realize that picture was already on the ad! sorry!
Mac
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mac »

nice, its got A/C.

I wish I had A/C... and P/S
Tercel 4WD "POWER WAGOON" with 4A-C
aka: "no powa steering tercel, oh oh oh!"
mods: ignition at 10 DBTDC and 90 octane gas.
Chuck

Thanks

Post by Chuck »

Thanks Marinecook for posting I saw the ad earlier but he had committed to the people in OR Now I Just talked to Mike and I will be picking it up on Friday!!

And It is AC a nessiscty here in the Valley. There is one in Portland with AC ( that has been disabled but intact ) for 750 there is some trouble with the 4WD they said they had tried it once but it "locked" up Whatever that means

IT is Green a very nice color BTW.

Chuck

Soon to be a newbee. stand by lots of questions coming.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome, Chuck!
Take a few shots of the i/s and o/s of your car, just to make us salt-state folks feel jealous (Sorry, Goldie, I KNOW you're from TN, where the cotton blooms and blows - I'm talkin' about your sibs Up North...).
Tom M.
Last edited by ARCHINSTL on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
todd0

Post by todd0 »

ad has been removed. another one sold i guess.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

todd0 wrote:ad has been removed. another one sold i guess.
Yep TO ME !! Just got home Flew down last night Met up with Mike at 7:30 AM swapped paper work and started out.

Ran very well spent most of the trip at above 70MPH had a partial tank of gas so wen I filled up on top of the Grapevine I got home on that tank 317 miles on 10.1 Gallons. Yahoo much better than my fuel guzzling Ford diesel.

Everything works could use s detail inside but only for the picky. Some clunking from the front Shocks OR i believe the lack of shocks are the culprit. front shakes due to some bouncing feels like out of balance tires ( slight)

Pics to follow- though not entirely rust free one spot on hatch and 0ne on front fender both easily ignored- for awhile since that Gold has to GO!

Question Just when does the "low fuel" light come on? OR is a light failure common?

Thanks

Chuck soon to be asking about shocks ( I'll look at the posts but maybe someone has newer info)
marinecook

Post by marinecook »

congrats man, you got a real nice one.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Chuck wrote:
todd0 wrote:ad has been removed. another one sold i guess.
Question Just when does the "low fuel" light come on? OR is a light failure common?
Mine come on ridiculously early, I can go another 100 miles with my low fuel light on. I dont know why, I might need to clean up my float.

But you have to drive it to find out, your light may have died, and it could just be the bulb.