Fixer upper in Hartford cheap

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
jimpomm
Advanced Member

Fixer upper in Hartford cheap

Post by jimpomm »

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/560100877.html 1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 station wagon - $300
Reply to: sale-560100877@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-01, 9:58PM EST

The engine is still purring, just getting warmed up at 237k miles.

The only problem is that something in the clutch,drivetrain or transmission went in it and it won't go in gear.

All of the gears are moving as they should but when you go to let your foot off the clutch and drive, the car "jumps." It feels like something is spinning but it hits something when you go to drive. This has been a fantastic car. I've had it for 7 years and only put about $400 a year in maintenance into it. It'd still be running as always but something went (maybe some sort of timing belt or chain that matches up the transmission with the clutch.) The clutch itself is probably fine. The only problem is to open it up is more than the car is worth.

This is the perfect car for a project or a parts car. The price comes from the fact that it has virtually brand new tires on it ($200) (less than 3k) and a full-on factory 1983 Toyota owners manual($100.)

The engine itself will probably run for another 250k (they are famously phenomenal engines.) I wouldn't have put new tires on it if I didn't think so.

Please make good use of this car. Its worth more than scrap metal.
Fix it or part it or at least buy the tires.

Thanks,

Stan
(860)238-7614