Couple of tercels in Van (one selling for $12,000!!!)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Couple of tercels in Van (one selling for $12,000!!!)

Post by scotisha »

i was bored at work and looked at the Vancouver craigslist and found 2 tercels for sale.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/506322370.html

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/486079815.html

make that three:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/464061804.html
Driver: '86 4wd Tercel Wagon
Fun: '98 BMW M3 sedan

Now I have the best of both worlds!
thebigbread
Top Notch Member

Post by thebigbread »

genius... lets set the price at 12,000 only one pic WITH A CAR COVER ON IT! :roll:

other 2 cars seem like a good deal, for anyone in vancouver,
1984 2wd wagon, "bottle rocket": http://www.myspace.com/1984tercel
1995 Isuzu TFR-S, "Shorty": no cardomain page yet
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I think it is a scam. The car was only something like $6K new? What idiot would pay $12K for a used 2wd underpowered econobox? ANd he does not even show you what it looks like? Something smells bad.

You can buy a new Suzuki for about that, and get a better car.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Out of curiousity, I sent the almost $13K Tercel sedan guy this query:
Hello -
I have several questions:
1. How many miles/kms on it?
2. What does it look like (apart from white wheels, that is)?
3. Your price certainly raises the bar on Tercels!
Thanks,
Tom

Here is his answer:
Hello Tom!
Thanks for your interest in the tercel!
This wonderful piece of family treasure has 8300 KMS on the dial. right now i dont have time to picture at the moment but imagine this car in showroom right off the factory condition.yes, the price raises the bar because its in mint condition! yes, its not a rocket, but its practically brand new! this was originally purchased by my grandmother in July 1985 from Jim Pattison toyota. she seldom drives it because she is of old age. its been in the family ever since. I got the price from a classic car Appraisal in the Shaunessy.
This car is sold. thanks for your interest!
Richard.

I'm sorry, but I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that a Tercel, even a mint-ish T4WD would be worth almost $13K! Petros' comment about what one can buy NEW is right on.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

That's about 5K miles on that car...it will be in someones collection? Toyota of Am?

I hesitate to post this link...wouldn't want to encourage any hasty purchases....8)

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/adbrowse.php
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I wouldn't mind that Flame Orange Buick Gran Sport 455.... Those GS455 engines are INCREDIBLE! over 500 ft/lb FROM THE FACTORY! And thats a small-valve Stage 1!
Not to mention they look sweet.....

Not to mention its a 455 Thin-Wall block. It can take a beating (just don't rev it high on the factory oil supply, its pickup is the size of the 3AC's! but it can be overdrilled) and I've heard of 1100ft/lb GS455! Why is thin-block so cool? It weighs as much as a Small-Block Chevy 350! You get phenominal big-block grunt, with the agility afforded by SB weight.
REALLY cool engines, back from the day when the maker of GM (Buick) was SWEET.

Sorry... You almost had me scrounging for 24k! lol
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Somebody wanted to trade one of those 455 GSs for a Mustang fastback I was driving...I was afraid of the mileage....guess I missed out.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

They are pretty sweet, especially if you can find a Stage II engine. They came with the Big-valve heads (higher flow ports too) along with some other internal goodies. Those puppies are quick.

Fuel economy isn't so hot. If you're gentle I would guess low-mid teens.

Heck, my buddy in his 4-door 74 Chevelle Malibu Classic with a 350 and Turbo-350 3-speed (Only engine mods are an aftermarket HEI conversion from points <easy to do and well worth it!> an Edelbrock TorkerII intake, and a Holley 4160 4-bbl. Soon to come is headers, then he leaves on his mission for 2 years) gets low 20's if he is super-gentle in the summer. High teens in the winter. His car only has about 53,000 factory miles on it too.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
shonuffisthemaster
Top Notch Member

Post by shonuffisthemaster »

takza wrote:That's about 5K miles on that car...it will be in someones collection? Toyota of Am?

I hesitate to post this link...wouldn't want to encourage any hasty purchases....8)

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/adbrowse.php
DAMN YOU!!!!! That Celica looks like the one in my wet dreams

http://adcache.collectorcartrader.com/1 ... 156595.htm

rust? I see a little on the rocker panel, but I'm from Minnesota and thus mostly blind to such a small amount. And he's in Wisconson too! But I've got more like 4 grand in debt than 4 grand to spend on a car that deserves a garage I don't have :cry:
87 tercel 2d
87 corolla FX
87 Mazda 323
79 Datsun 210
91 ranger
84 F150 300-6
87 T4WD SR5 blue (still have)
81 Tercel SR5 hatch
87 T4WD SR5 red
92 2WD Truck
79 F350 dually flatbed 460 Eddelbrock intake / 750CFM 4bbl (still have)
84 Corolla 4dr (current)
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

I still have the window sticker for my 86 2WD... Somewhere. Here's the supplemental sticker from the dealership. Mine's a deluxe 2WD, 5 speed, a/c, p/s, AM/FM without rear speakers, steel wheels, not a lot of options. Final sticker was $10,563.28. If I could find a properly stored dead-mint zero-mile time capsule Tercel wagon, 2 or 4 wheel drive, I'd pay sticker for it, no question. However, 12k for a questionable, somewhat modded Tercel with no pictures... Not even close.

"And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you." George Harrison