eBay - '83 DLX in Fargo ND

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

eBay - '83 DLX in Fargo ND

Post by ARCHINSTL »

In Fargo, North Dakota (No, not owned by Fargo North, Decoder... :wink: )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0191182498
Tom M.
EDIT...
Rumors to the contrary, this did not come from Wade Gustafson's car lot, although the original salesman may well have been Jerry Lundegaard...
Hmmm...the ad does state that it was repainted; I wonder if it was originally tan - like a Ciera ?
Last edited by ARCHINSTL on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

There's your replacement mickey_D! I'm at least one over my limit(wife says) so I won't be competing in the bid. Not an sr5 but probably the cleanest one in your neck of the woods.

I'd love to add it to the 84,85,86.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

50,000 miles on a Japan engine is a LOT of miles. The owner clearly does not understand the Japanese economy.

When a car gets to be 4 years old in Japan, it has to get a safety and beauty inspection every 6 months after that. The cost of this inspection can easily run half the cost of a new car, so most owners junk the car at that point and buy a new one.

Its not uncommon to see a 4 year old car with 60,000 km on it burning a lot of oil. When it can take up to 3 hours to make a 25 km commute, those 60,000 km have a lot of hours behind them and a lot of miles in first and second gear.

An engine from a county car will probably be in a lot better shape than a city car, especially one from the Tokyo or Yokohama area. BTW, I live in Yokohama for three years.