eBay '84 2WD in Clearwater, FL

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

eBay '84 2WD in Clearwater, FL

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Lengthy description - 92K miles - 2WD auto - quite clean - new paint.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0194497522
I thought this had been on before - but guess not.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
jimpomm
Advanced Member

Post by jimpomm »

That same one has been on 2 or 3 times.
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

It's actually been on there about 6 times this year. I'd love to buy the console out of it and copy it; I have the photos of it from one of the earlier auction listings saved in my computer.

BTW, the last 3 times he listed it, the seller complained about "deadbeat bidders" not coming through with the money, and the cost of relisting. The car has never hit reserve any of the times it's been listed, at least none of the times I've seen it.

BTW, at least the seller took new photos for this listing. The last several months in Florida haven't been kind to his Econo paint job. I also noticed this time that the car might be a "base" rather than a deluxe wagon. There are no fabric inserts in the door panels, no rear wiper, and if I'm right, the inserts are pattered vinyl rather than cloth. If that's the case, that car is the identical clone to my first Tercel, which was also a silver 84 base 2WD automatic wagon. The big difference would be that mine didn't have alloy wheels (did this one the last time it was listed?), and mine was a freebie, given to me by the guy who'd abandoned it at RDU airport 3 months earlier. That took a little creative thinking to get it out the gate (cost me $7.50), and I wouldn't even think of trying such things in an airport parking lot in the post 9-11 world.
"And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you." George Harrison