Ditching my tercel

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
tonythayer

Ditching my tercel

Post by tonythayer »

My tercel's time has come. I've already stripped the SR5 seats out of the car, but most of the rest is left. The following parts are all good if someone wants them.

Whole AC system - I don't feel comfortable draining the system and pulling it, but if anyone is interested in coming by and pulling it out they can have it for the cost of their time.

Inclometer

All dash pieces including piece under the steering wheel.

I have to keep the wheels and engine intact so it can get to the junkyard somehow. I'm not really looking to make any money off of it.
If you are looking for a good parts car, this might be the dead shell for you.

The engine runs just fine, but it is leaking oil like crazy and the clutch is shot as a result. The suspension is worn and the axles are clicking and knocking. The tires are balding. The sum total that the repairs come to exceeds my ambition or budget. The body is in pretty good shape with only a few rust spots in the usual places (tailgate), but I'm done with it.

email me at tony . thayer @ gmail . com if you are interested in anything on the car.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

What color is the interior? I could be interested in the piece under the steering wheel and the cover for the left speaker (drivers side).

Save that drivers side window regulator, I'm sure someone will need it. I repaired mine, but I'm sure someone will need one eventually. They are hard to get.
Last edited by keith on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

The interior is light blue.
I hadn't considered keeping the window pieces before, but that is something to keep in mind.
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Post by sdoan »

Tony,

I need a working rear defroster switch would you be able to pull it and post it to Bellingham, WA for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Shawn
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Yeah, the defroster was working fine last time it got cold enough to use it.
How does $15 with shipping via USPS work?
scotisha
Top Notch Member

Post by scotisha »

Dibs on the Inclometer! Can you send me a pic so I can make sure it is the right colour (yes colour has a U in my county :))? Email me at scotisha@cablerocket.com. Oh and I will need shipping to Canada, eh.
Driver: '86 4wd Tercel Wagon
Fun: '98 BMW M3 sedan

Now I have the best of both worlds!
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Post by sdoan »

Tony,

$15 sounds great. email me off list and we'll set it up. shawnsci at yahoo dot com. Put something in the subject line like Tercel or Defroster so I don't just delete it!

Thanks!
Shawn
nyterc1

window regulator

Post by nyterc1 »

Hello. I would gladly buy the drivers side window regulator. And you dont say what year but if it has the composite headlights I would be interested too, thanks. Don
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Does your car have the body side moldings ?? I just need the piece that goes on the left front fender. It's only about 3" long. If you do, let me know how much it would be with shipping.

Thanks !!
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Audiophiles - do not read this post - or at least do not guffaw loudly!
How about one or both OE rear speakers?
Thanks,
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

Even if the speakers themselves are blown, the mounting hardware and grilles come in handy. Just make sure you don't break off any of the pins easing those grilles off.

I've got a pair a Denon 5 1/4" 2 ways mounted under a set of stock grilles in the back of my 2WD wagon. I'll be mounting the Polk Momos soon... hopefully.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Hi.
The window regulator is broken, and upon looking at the defroster switch, it's mounting pieces are actually broken so it just floats around. The trim piece is still there though, if you're still interested.

The car did not come with rear speakers, as far as I know. It doesn't look like the shelves were ever installed, and I found the rear speaker wires untouched in the rear-light access panels.
sdoan
Top Notch Member

defroster switch

Post by sdoan »

Tony,

My defroster switch has something broken inside - it still has the mounting tabs, so if your switch really works I could still use it. Or I might get it here, take it apart, and break the little piece while trying to swap it over...

let me know if you're still interested.

Shawn
debert

Inclometer,Tercel

Post by debert »

If you haven't sold the inclometer, I'll buy it. Any color is ok. Let me know the total, with shipping to Santa Cruz, Ca. 95065, and I'll send you a money order. Thanks, Dave
jimpomm
Advanced Member

Post by jimpomm »

Tony,I just got a terc off ebay and am missing a part from the air intake system.There is a paper/metal hose from the bottom of the air inlet that goes down near the exhaust manifold. There is a hole in an exhaust manifold jacket that looks to be where this paper like hose should attach .I don't have the part that the hose fits onto so it can suck warm air from the manifold. If you have this part how much shipped to Ithaca NY 14850?I can paypal you or whatever you prefer.