1983 Tercel SR5 for sale...

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
smshpdl
My tercel:: 1980 Corolla Tercel

1983 Tercel SR5 for sale...

Post by smshpdl »

...salvaged title after a small accident. At this point I don't have the resources to bring it back to life, or the space to store it until the resources present themselves. I've owned this beauty for 5+ years and it's been nothing but reliable. I've done plenty of work to keep in on the road but now it just sits in my sisters garage. She's planning on purchasing another vehicle so it's time to pass it along. It runs but the rear axel is leaking and grinding when I'm on the freeway. The clutch pops out of 1st gear when it's cold which is scary if you aren't quick enough to take it out of gear. It runs strong with 250,000+ miles on it. I've upgraded the exhaust to 2" from the cat back. I'm asking $1,300 obo. I'll be removing the roof racks and vanity plates, but the sticker will remain :-) Feel free to text 510-333-1443 I'm reluctant to answer my phone due to spam mail. I'll send more pictures upon request.
Cheers!
Attachments
dent2.jpg
dent.jpg
hotrod1.jpg
YoYoTercel
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4x4 SR5

Re: 1983 Tercel SR5 for sale...

Post by YoYoTercel »

I've known the owner of this Tercel for a few years and he has given me the title to his car. Currently I have 2 tercels and I told him that I only want it for the parts. However, upon getting the car, I felt that it would be a waste to strip this car down and send it to the scrap yard. To me, it's the most desirable model of the Tercel lineup. Plaid Seats and Inclinometer makes this a cool car! So....here is a last chance offer for someone who wants a Tercel project. NOTE: THE OPERATIVE WORD IS PROJECT!!

I've looked at the car and it's now parked in my work parking lot.
Car is located in the Bay Area of San Francisco. It has a salvage title due to the fender bender. It is a project car.
It is in need of a clutch pedal housing....although one can zip tie the housing to where the clutch cable will not slip. It is a project car.
It won't pass smog. It is in need of a valve adjustment and a complete tune-up. It is a project car.
It has surface rust and a few areas that need more attention. It's a project car.
The rear axle bearing needs to be replaced.

Otherwise, the car idles smooth, does not overheat and interior is in decent shape. You check it out.
MAKE OFFER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED....otherwise, it's getting stripped for parts and going to the junk yard.
Best way to contact me...if you are interested is by way of a PM (personal message) through this forum.
Here are some pictures:
Tercel Inside Front.jpg
Tercel Top View.jpg
Tercel Right.jpg
Tercel Left.jpg
Tercel Front.jpg
Tercel Back.jpg
Tercel Back Seat.jpg
Tercel Back Inside.jpg