Looking for Tercel to Buy

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
cubbs12

Looking for Tercel to Buy

Post by cubbs12 »

Hi guys!
New to the community and thought I would say hi and try my luck.
In the past have been lucky enough to own both an All Trac Corolla and a 4WD Tercel.

Been on the lookout for either for a while now. Like all of us, really like these cars!

If you have something or come across something for sale I would greatly appreciate the heads up.

You can contact me at jaycubbs@hotmail.com or message on here.

I am located in Edmonton Alberta, (Western Canada)

Much Thanks!
Brett
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Re: Looking for Tercel to Buy

Post by The Professor »

Do you have any mileage or budget restrictions for your dream Tercel?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
cubbs12

Post by cubbs12 »

The Professor wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:44 am Do you have any mileage or budget restrictions for your dream Tercel?
For price - I guess within reason, I don't need a showcase car. As long as I can drive it and if coming from out of province it would need to pass an out of province safety inspection which can be fairly rigorous as I have done one in the past. Miles I am not too concerned about, I would just like something I can drive and enjoy.

Do you have any leads by chance?

Thanks!
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

theres one just poped up in calgary,,on kijiji says almost mint,,,https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cal ... Iw93cKwgxA
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

my bad is auto and fwd
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Welcome, cubbs12. I just searched craigslist, kijiji, facebook, and usedvictoria, and there's nothing but a few 2wd's that need work.

However, I was out in Sooke (near Victoria) recently and thought I saw one parked on someone's property. It looked like it hadn't moved in a long time, covered in pine needles. I just caught a quick glimpse of it so I'm not sure if it was a 4wd but if you're interested, I can swing by that way and take a closer look and inquire about it if you're interested. It's a long trip to the island from Edmonton, though.
cubbs12

Post by cubbs12 »

jimcrazy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:10 am my bad is auto and fwd
No problem! I actually saw that one too and messaged the lady. Selling it for her Father who owned it since new. And yes, she confirmed it was 2WD. Really cool little car though and wonderfully cared for by the looks of it.
Thanks for reaching out and keeping me in mind!
cubbs12

Post by cubbs12 »

dlb wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:41 am Welcome, cubbs12. I just searched craigslist, kijiji, facebook, and usedvictoria, and there's nothing but a few 2wd's that need work.

However, I was out in Sooke (near Victoria) recently and thought I saw one parked on someone's property. It looked like it hadn't moved in a long time, covered in pine needles. I just caught a quick glimpse of it so I'm not sure if it was a 4wd but if you're interested, I can swing by that way and take a closer look and inquire about it if you're interested. It's a long trip to the island from Edmonton, though.
Hi dlb,

Thanks for keeping me in mind!
I have no problem making it out to the island for the right car. If it's not too much trouble I would appreciate you double checking and enquiring.
That would be great!
Thank you
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I know where this one near me, in western washington state (we are about 2 hours south of vancuver BC). it has been sitting for about ten years, but was running at the time. I drove it. I worked on it for the owner, we found it with a blown motor, and than got another running engine at the wrecking yard, got it in with new hoses, belts and clutch. than he parked it and continued to drive his big heavy truck. he said he would sell it, but it has not been registred from the previous ower, so there would be some title fees to pay to allow you to take it back to canada (it can be done, but there are some paper work that has to be done ahead).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
frogprince

Post by frogprince »

Petros wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:25 pm I know where this one near me, in western washington state (we are about 2 hours south of vancuver BC). it has been sitting for about ten years, but was running at the time. I drove it. I worked on it for the owner, we found it with a blown motor, and than got another running engine at the wrecking yard, got it in with new hoses, belts and clutch. than he parked it and continued to drive his big heavy truck. he said he would sell it, but it has not been registred from the previous ower, so there would be some title fees to pay to allow you to take it back to canada (it can be done, but there are some paper work that has to be done ahead).
I might be interested in the Tercel. I am starting my search here in the Oregon/Washington Area.
Treley trip
My tercel:: Toyota Tercel’s

Post by Treley trip »

I have a tranny for sale
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

cubbs12 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:26 am In the past have been lucky enough to own both an All Trac Corolla and a 4WD Tercel.
If you have something or come across something for sale I would greatly appreciate the heads up.
I am located in Edmonton Alberta, (Western Canada)
Hello, Brett.

I know that this is far from you and do not know if you have already seen it but I posted this yesterday. I do not know what it would take to get it to you, if it is of interest, but thought that you might like to at least look.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15257&p=112050#p112050

--Bill
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?