1984 Tercel SR5 wagon & mountains of parts - $700 OBO - Longmont, CO

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Kamikaizen
My tercel:: 1984 AL25 6MT, more stock than Wall Street!

1984 Tercel SR5 wagon & mountains of parts - $700 OBO - Longmont, CO

Post by Kamikaizen »

Life has a funny way of going directions you wouldn't expect. As it turns out, that has happened to me and the time has come to sell on this venerable specimen. It's lived a long and storied life with only two prior owners.

Exact mileage is unknown but the previous owner estimates somewhere north of 300k. At one point the car was being parted out by the previous owner, but nearly all the original parts are still present. As an added bonus, a great many more parts were hoarded and will come with the car.

To the tune of half a dozen milk crates' worth.

There are headlight assemblies, carburetors, inclinometers, interior panels, brake calipers, dizzies, grilles, a 110mph speedometer, turn signals, propshaft u-joints still new in the box, even a rear axle to replace the existing one since it had a pinion shaft failure and had the rear half of the propshaft disconnected. The propshaft is still there too, along with two 4WD shifter linkages. If anyone seriously wants I can dredge up a virtually complete list of all spares and additional parts, but there really is a silly amount of parts that come with this little beast so I would like to sell 'em on to someone serious about caring for this vehicle. I am not interested in parting out individually, so this is a package deal. Also note, I did start on tearing down the engine for inspection and possible rebuild, hence the state of disassembly shown in the pictures below.

This car survived a twenty foot drop off a cliff and drove away - per the previous owner - and so I hope it will survive many more years under its new owner. It truly deserves to live on and be cared for.
Last edited by Kamikaizen on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
1988 ST205 swapped ST165 Celica Alltrac
1988 MA70 turbo targa auto project Supra
1986 RN50 2WD pickup workhorse
1997 SXA10 2dr RAV4.1
1984 AL25 Tercel 4WD 6MT - selling :<
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Re: 1984 Tercel SR5 wagon & mountains of parts - $700 - Longmont, CO

Post by MrWrench »

Wish I had a way to get to and from Colorado with it! I love Tercels with stories and could annoy you for hours with questions.
I agree and hope it ends up in good caring hands!

I'll be in Colorado in July and if it's still available, would be willing to figure out a way to get it home.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Is the Luna Cafe still open? Best Cappuccino in Colorado.
duster97
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 2wd

Post by duster97 »

Is this still for sale?? I'm extremely interested, although I moved back home from Portland to Anchorage Alaska last year, so I don't know when or how I'd exactly make it down there at the moment unfortunately. I dont know how much it would cost to ferry it up from Seattle....
Kamikaizen
My tercel:: 1984 AL25 6MT, more stock than Wall Street!

Post by Kamikaizen »

Yes it's still available. :) Given the state of the world I don't expect it to sell particularly soon, and I'm not in a real rush but would definitely like to pass it on to someone that will give it some proper care
1988 ST205 swapped ST165 Celica Alltrac
1988 MA70 turbo targa auto project Supra
1986 RN50 2WD pickup workhorse
1997 SXA10 2dr RAV4.1
1984 AL25 Tercel 4WD 6MT - selling :<
Mista B
My tercel:: 86 GTS Corolla

Re: 1984 Tercel SR5 wagon & mountains of parts - $700 OBO - Longmont, CO

Post by Mista B »

Just wanted to follow up on this posting, is the car still for sale? If so, could you post pictures of any areas of concern for the condition of the body, dents, rust, and so on.
MWHAWD
My tercel:: 83 Tercel awd

Re: 1984 Tercel SR5 wagon & mountains of parts - $700 OBO - Longmont, CO

Post by MWHAWD »

Still available? Looking in Denver