Worn '83 in Boulder

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Kamikaizen
My tercel:: 1984 AL25 6MT, more stock than Wall Street!

Worn '83 in Boulder

Post by Kamikaizen »

Hey crew, found https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/bo ... 56002.html in Boulder while doing some digging today. We don't have a need and it's radically cheap so hopefully she'll go to someone on the board.
1988 ST205 swapped ST165 Celica Alltrac
1988 MA70 turbo targa auto project Supra
1986 RN50 2WD pickup workhorse
1997 SXA10 2dr RAV4.1
1984 AL25 Tercel 4WD 6MT - selling :<
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Worn '83 in Boulder

Post by Petros »

looks like a great buy, but depends on the amount of rust. even with the repairs required, all are relatively easy fixes.

I would consider it, but I do not have the time to go get it right now. Someone needs to go get it and save it from an uncertain fate.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
mmacicak
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by mmacicak »

FYI, I picked this little rusty beauty up in Boulder last week! It's in pretty rough condition: lots of rust, severe rod noise from the engine, interior pretty trashed, but it has a nice smooth transmission, which is what I need to complete my '83 SR5 project. I have them sitting side-by-side in the driveway. Now all I need is a free weekend to do the swap. Thanks to Kamikaizen and the board for posting the CL ad. I was having trouble finding a transmission, and was not comfortable spending a ton of money to have some unknown unit shipped from a distant salvage yard. This one I got to drive around the neighborhood and run it through the gears before buying.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

We have repair guides for removing the trans, etc. over in the repair guide section.

is the rust bucket worth saving, or it is it too far gone? Or, rather than turn it into a parts car, I always thought it would be fun to get a rustbucket/beater T4wd, strip it down, rebuild the mechanicals, and use it for a mudder/ rough roads and possibly for one of those beater races (Gambler 500, etc). be a shame to take one that can be fixed up and put back on the road to use for parts. but one that needs too much patching up to make roadworthy would be perfect, you do not need it to be pretty, just durable, the uglier the better, than you will not be afraid of putting scratch and dents in it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)