1983 SR5 Wagon - $2500 Montana

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
WillyDerness
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4WD Wagon

1983 SR5 Wagon - $2500 Montana

Post by WillyDerness »

https://missoula.craigslist.org/cto/d/m ... 56839.html

This is my sweet mountain goat, Terrance. Terry has been my trusty steed for the past year guiding me safely through snow and ice all winter. Most recently it brought me all the way down through Death Valley, Los Angeles (Terry saw the Pacific!) and then over to Zion and back. All while getting 25-30 mpg. But alas, I'm buying a van and need to find Terry a new partner.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 1983 SR5 Wagon - $2500 Montana

Post by Petros »

going to take a turn living the van life?

looks like an AT ski set up in the back in the pictures, you go backcountry skiing? I have been doing that since 1976, recently skinned up mt. St. Helens and had a 5 mile run back to the parking lot. Just went out on monday after the local mountains got another 10 inches of spring snow. I got plans to attempt Glacier peak soon, want to join me?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
WillyDerness
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by WillyDerness »

Yup, I'm getting a 2000 AWD Chevy Astro from my girlfriend's Grandpa. I have a year left at the University here and am trying to save as much as I can on housing. I've been looking into stuffing a little woodstove in there to make habitable in the Montana winters here.

That is an AT setup! I'm jealous! I am yet to ski a volcano. I just looked up Glacier Peak and that looks like quite the endeavor, 32 mile approach!? Can't say I'll make it out there this summer due to classes and work but its on my bucket list now. Speaking of Glacier... I would highly reccomend skiing in Glacier national park if you make it over to Montana this summer.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

Whereabouts in the park can you ski? I was there for the eclipse a few years back and I didn't see much in the way of snow!
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

you need to find glaciers or large snow fields at higher elevations, in western Washington some people ski on glaciers during summer on Mt. hood, mt Rainier, mt. Baker and a few others. Most of the higher mountains, and volcanoes, are skiable until late july (after it gets all icy, sun cupped, lots of exposed big crevasses, and not very nice to ski, but some die hards hike their skis in many miles just to get some turns in the summer months.

Hey willy, anytime you want to come ski in the north cascades let me know, we can find something close where I live and go gets some turns in. Glacier peak is "only" about 32 miles round trip, when the trail head road is melted out (it just opened up about 2 weeks ago). 16 miles each way, half of course is down hill. it has been done on skis in 12 to 16 hours, a long but doable day.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)