1983 tercel sr5 4wd for sale 800 bucks Temecula .CA area

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
gnarnold
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4x4 with a tummy tuck and a nose job and now a pace maker!

1983 tercel sr5 4wd for sale 800 bucks Temecula .CA area

Post by gnarnold »

40,000 miles on rebuilt 3a sothwest engine. Tranny is good .minor oil leak new tsv rebuilt carb new rear shocks new front struts (passenger side ball joint and tierod end is in bad shape potential wheel bearing issue as to be expected possible blown strut ) its the tercy .car as is won't pass CA smog DUE to rebuilt Canadian engine .runs like a champ .GREAT FOR PARTS CAR .4WD WORKS. carpet has been removed zero rust a little play in the steering possibky due to the .passenger side wheel issues .brand new tires and brakes .new valves new head gasket (Petros method ) I have literally replaced almost everything.on this car .new transfer case brand new seat covers.she just needs one of you guys to love her .I really don't want to let her go but I must if I ever plan on mating with the opposite sex again.clean title til end of April . photos soon .
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: 1983 tercel sr5 4wd for sale 800 bucks Temecula .CA area

Post by Mattel »

But in the positive - the Tercel is the best contraceptive known to mankind! TBH my partners have a begrudging respect for these cars but their Fathers have always been impressed with the sturdy and reliable Wagons.
This sounds too good to be a parts car. Sounds like a Petros Road Trip to me!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

post pictures please.

is it good for a road trip? or what will it need to make it 1000 miles north?

that could be done on a road trip/recovery, and make some money on it by selling here. Cars that old are exempt from emissions testing in Washington state. And these cars are still very popular and get a decent price if it is a good daily driver.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

Last edited by gnarnold on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

I'm not too sure that even with the pass.side front wheel fixed it would make it to WA. The farthest I have ever driven it was about a 100 miles before letting her rest you can look at all the past posts to see what I have done to it
I got a giant tote with extra parts the tire chains that came with it originally and the roof rack .spare tire is flat and bald it has a cro- bar & jack and only 40,000 mikes on a Southwest Engines. Rebuilt engine as you can see in all of the past posts .I'm not a top notch member for nothing you know !
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

that is in decent looking condition. someone painted it black?

no a/c, and it has the California emissions package I see.

Not sure I understand what is wrong with the front wheel. Bearing bad? Ball joint? or tie rod end? Bushings, or what? I can bring the parts to fix it, and my tools and have it road worthy, but I need to know what to bring. What exactly does it need? if you do not know, how does it behave on the road so I might guess what it needs.

It is running reliably?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

my dad lives about an hour and a half away from you in Torrance CA. I could go visit him, and drive it to his place and fix what ever it needs before I take on the road back to Washington state.

But I will need to order parts ahead so I am not waiting for them to arrive, what does it need?.
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

I would have to really take a look at it but by the sounds of it a ball joint tie rod end and a wheel bearing rock auto is having close out deals on tercel parts
http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeed ... &html=true
Other than that it burns a little oil and I just seen the water pump looks like it is leaking a little from around the gasket other than that its a smooth rider .but I must be firm on the 800 though the tranny is good. And the engine is pretty new .let me know if that's ok .I have a big tote full of parts that I will throw in .the roof rack and the stock tire chain -cables.also the fan is on a manual switch only need to run the fan while idle in traffic on high way no need for it .it has a push button ignition steering wheel locks so you still need the key.I drive it to Costa mesa all the time so I know it will make it to Torrance for sure.my dad passed away last Wednesday .
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Sorry to hear about your father passing. I hope you are doing OK.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

Thank you .yeah I'm all right .I doesn't seem real .I don't think it really has sunk in or I don't want it to sink in .that's one of the reasons Im letting the tercy go I need more reliable trans to go down to AZ to pick up my fathers ashes .also peopke have a tendency to not take me seriously when show up to bid jobs in the tercy.its hard to believe but when I borrowed a friends truck a while back it was like a whole new world .
I've paid my dues with her. I need a t-shirt that says " I owned a '83 tercel 4wd for ten years and all I got was this stupid t-shirt "
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

Condolences on your loss. That is a tough ordeal most of us will have to face at some point.

The price is not a problem, be happy to pay that, I can even send it to you on pay pal. I am not sure when I can come and get it, but my father is rather elderly and I too do not know how much time I will have with him, so any reason for a visit to see him is a good one. changing out a tie rod end or ball joint is simple, but changing out the wheel bearing is a big PIA, will have to find a shop to do it, if that is what it needs.

If I send you the payment, can I come and get it next month? I can coordinate a flight down and transportation to your place, and drive it back than.
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

I don't have a pay pal but I have Google pay. But yeah. Next month would be fine .it will be there awaiting your arrival .
Mista B
My tercel:: 86 GTS Corolla

Post by Mista B »

Contacted the seller and this unit has SOLD!
señor.tercel4wd
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by señor.tercel4wd »

Petros wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 pm my dad lives about an hour and a half away from you in Torrance CA. I could go visit him, and drive it to his place and fix what ever it needs before I take on the road back to Washington state.

But I will need to order parts ahead so I am not waiting for them to arrive, what does it need?.
Petros, if you ever come on down to visit your dad in Torrance, let me know. I live in San Pedro and you're more than welcome to some social distancing beers.
'83 Tercel SR5 Wagon Overland Build Thread >>> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14880
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I am going to be in Torrance Next week in fact, I arrive on the 24th. I do not know how much time I will have since my visit will be only 4 days, but my elderly father always takes afternoon naps. PM me your contact information and I will see if I can get a way for a short visit.