T4wd Euro Allrad Snow (In Ukraine *sigh*)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
nerdsrule
My tercel:: NEW! '87 t4wd dlx, red. "slow red rocket", "Steve Turkel" in contential as names.

T4wd Euro Allrad Snow (In Ukraine *sigh*)

Post by nerdsrule »

Anyone speak Russian? Or have a vacation to Donetsk, in Ukraine planned. Someone is selling the unicorn Tercel.
http://rst.ua/oldcars/toyota/tercel/toy ... 07605.html
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: T4wd Euro Allrad Snow (In Ukraine *sigh*)

Post by ARCHINSTL »

What a beauty!
Love the front bumper and its lights! Those and the body color bumpers and mirrors really transform the car.
What is the purpose of those "rails" at the edge of the roof?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

both the bumbers and the side rails at the roof look like the dealer installed options for the German market (from an old brochure some one posted on this forum years ago).

those side rails are their equivalent of the roof rack, allows you to lash down roof cargo. also, I supposed with running boards would give a good handle for the volunteer fire brigade to hang on to the sides.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
nerdsrule
My tercel:: NEW! '87 t4wd dlx, red. "slow red rocket", "Steve Turkel" in contential as names.

Post by nerdsrule »

I think the owner also has no idea he has a factory mounted winch integrated into his bumper. At least if it were me, that would for sure be a highlight if I were selling it. License plate flips up! (original brochure happens to be on ebay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TERCEL- ... :rk:2:pf:0
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well, if my numbers come on the MO Lottery Wednesday ...
Tom M.
P.S. Thanks for posting the link!
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

nerdsrule wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:16 pm I think the owner also has no idea he has a factory mounted winch integrated into his bumper.

it is not clear that all of that style bumper had the integrated winch. I think we had a member from Germany or northern Europe with that trim style, but no winch. had the funky "hand rail" roof rack and the light bar front bumpers. Cool place to put it, hides it from "admirers". But not sure all of them came with a winch.

Europe gets all the cool and odd cars/options, and usually better engine configuration/tune as well. Thanks to our Federal government looking out for our interests, we can not have the better headlights, AWD options on many models, performance engine options, and often performance seats/interior configurations.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

In wealthy european countries and Japan the corolla alltrac and Tercel were sold as a more luxurious car than in the USA (and also were full sized compared to the average euro / asian hatchback. In the USA for example where cost cutting prices were the standard and these were looked at as economy cars. Due to the fact that cars are already expensive and those that can afford them wanted all the mod cons.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms