1985 4x4 Lifted Wagon

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
NickC809
My tercel:: 1985 T4WD

1985 4x4 Lifted Wagon

Post by NickC809 »

Reluctantly, I have to list my trusty Tercel. She's been a great companion for 4 years and has seen it all. I lifted her using brand new struts, coils and shocks following the "how to" guide. I've gone through and replaced all of the braking components front to rear. I've replaced pretty much every bushing possible with Poly or high end rubber. Inner and Outer tie rods were done. All fluids in the trans/rear diff/etc done. She even has the ever elusive rear hatch covers...2 of them! I installed an aftermarket Incline-o-meter and all the lights function. Brand new carb with a lifetime warranty from National Carburetors out of Florida. I've got a stack of paperwork for this car thats thicker than my skull. She sits on 14" snow tires and goes through mud, snow, cow patties and/or Serbian winters with ease. Recently has a new radiator installed. I've driven her up the Donner pass many a time and she has never left me stranded or stuck! I have built a 4-AC thats bored over .060 with a known good transmission (highly sought after rebuild kit included for shifts and giggles). Neither are installed but they could be! She's rough around the edges but has great bones. A/C blows cold and still uses R12! I've got a couple bottles I might be persuaded to part with too... I've currently got her on non-op due to my assumption she won't pass smog. The current Cat was on its way out 2 years ago so I didn't even bother trying this year. I do have a low mileage CARB compliant Cat from a donor car to go on it. (which conveniently comes with said donor car free of charge). Only 187k!! Not a drop of rust anywhere! Bitching one year only diamond plaid interior!! Half roof rack! Sweet patina! Clean title! Bluetooth head unit!

Now for the not so good..
Misfire on start up due to failing valve stem seals
Trans is a lil clunky and grinds occasionally going into 2nd
Lil' bit shaky going down the road (thrown wheel weight? mud caking on tires? Weight of responsibility of driving such a cool car?)
Ugly as all get out
I've cleaned her out but she could definitely use a good deep clean

I easily have over 5-6k invested in this car and really want to get $2500 OBO. I'm selling her so I can fund my new found Tacoma obsession.

Located in Nevada County, CA in between Sacramento and Reno in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

Message me or call me at (Five Three Zero) 346-3647

Pictures in link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hdm1JgmojsR6prcNA

2/11/19 UPDATE
Pictures of cleaned interior and ride height comparison to stock Tacoma.
Also, tan car pictured in field is its companion parts car
NickC809

Re: 1985 4x4 Lifted Wagon

Post by NickC809 »

Any input y'all? Too expensive? Help me out here cause she's gotta go.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

NickC809 - this is a big hijack/OT, but please forgive this BritMobile fan - is that a 2.4 or ? lurking in the background of photo #1?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

NickC809, I don’t know that I would say it’s too expensive. It may be more the case of a buyer just not frequenting this forum right now. Have ya tried listing it on Craigslist?
ARCHINSTL: Looks like a Jag XK120 to me.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

slimdude85 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:06 pmARCHINSTL: Looks like a Jag XK120 to me.
Ooops on me; I did not notice no roof or windshield.
But more likely a late XK-140 or XK-150 because of the orange turn signal and the bumper.
XK-120s had no signal there and a skinny, 2-piece bumper with no overriders.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

Ah. I’m not well versed in classic Jags. Thanks for the lesson, though. The small inter-model differences are what I like to learn.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
NickC809

Post by NickC809 »

Howdy all, I was hoping to pass the car along to a enthusiast and side step all the crap that comes with CL. Alas, in this moment I suppose I'll try my luck on CL.

It is actually a 1967 Mark II 340. A close guess everyone! I used to work for a private collector who is in love with the Mark II and their Daimler 2.5L V8 counter parts. Interesting cars, huge pain in the arse to work on. Over built is only the half of it.

The Daimler 2.5L V8 is a very interesting re-badging of the Jag Mark II. I'll post some pictures for anyone interested.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

I would suggest that you try Ebay instead of CL. They have been bringing in good prices on ebay. I would put your "Buy now" price up around $4k though or even higher, or don't list one at all and let the bidding war start. These are bringing more money now due to their rarity. Good luck.