1987 Tercel 4WD SR5 + 1985 SR5 parts car & extras (Omaha, NE)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
loess
Advanced Member

1987 Tercel 4WD SR5 + 1985 SR5 parts car & extras (Omaha, NE)

Post by loess »

Selling my two Tercel wagons and small remainder of various parts and extras. Located in Omaha, NE. Cars are parked in two separate spots about 10 minutes apart from each other.

I would be very happy to sell all of this to a single buyer here on the forum and will consider offers for the entire lot. Both cars have clean titles. You can see some information about the evolution of my ownership of both of these cars in my thread here.

First is a 1987 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 150,202 miles that I've owned since November 2017. This car was my daily driver until about a month ago. Currently the car does not start. This is due to a fuel delivery issue and is likely a very simple fix, but unfortunately I no longer have any time or space to work on it and need to move on. I have a new fuel pump that I've installed but cannot seem to get the car going.

* Comes with 14" Miata daisy wheels and General Altimax RT43 tires
* Spare tire is good
* A/C blows cold and heat works (fan is a little noisy)
* Parking brake cable no longer functions. I have brand new-in-box parking brake cables that I will include with sale
* Back hatch inner trim is cracked so the center brake light has been dislodged, but it's all still there and the light functions without any issue.

SOLD. CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES.

--

Second is a 1985 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 250,xxx miles which I bought in Boise, ID with no rust; this car was my daily driver for a little less than a year, until I collided with a pickup truck at low speed last summer. In the collision the front half of the car's frame was bent, the horn popped off of the steering wheel, and the front grill came off (still have it and will include). All of the glass is good and everything behind the radiator was undamaged and can be used for parts. It has been sitting for a little over a year in an enclosed storage garage.

SOLD. I have no way to tow or trailer this vehicle so you must bring your own. CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES (note that Miata wheels pictured are no longer on this car; it currently has the 13" steel white Toyota wheels on it).

--

EXTRAS (see here for pictures):

- three additional spare 13" stock Toyota wheels with mismatched tires currently mounted on them (not pictured)
- front passenger side CV axle shaft (remanufactured) (not pictured)
- set of two brand new Autopal HL109 halogen headlights + Bosch relays (never got around to swapping them in)
- set of new NGK spark plugs and wires
- two new timing belts, two new v-belts
- various trim pieces
- extra window crank handle + remover tool
- muffler
Last edited by loess on Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Re: 1987 Tercel 4WD SR5 + 1985 SR5 parts car & extras (Omaha, NE)

Post by The Professor »

Are any of those spare wheels alloy?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
loess
Advanced Member

Post by loess »

Nope. They're the white steel ones, the ones in the pictures in my post here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12445#p96207
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

those look like great buys. If I had the time I would get them and turn both into good daily drivers and find a new home for them. Alas, I can not find time to properly maintain my own current projects. I am too busy right now with my regularly work that makes us a good income.

Someone needs to rescue these two worthy T4wd, particularly the rare '87. We are all here to help with advice!
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
loess
Advanced Member

Post by loess »

I've got someone tentatively coming from out of state to pick up the 1985 parts car, but I still have the '87, and all of the extras that I mentioned at the bottom of the post. I'd really love to pass the '87 on to someone here and am quite willing to negotiate on my asking price.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

if you can not find a local buyer, I might consider bringing it out to Puget sound area to sell. one that nice should be easy to sell. it just depends on if I can spare a weekend to go get it and bring it back. and I can locate and fix the problem with the fuel system.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
loess
Advanced Member

Post by loess »

Sold the red 1987 today to a bright young man who is studying automotive technology at one of the local colleges. Really glad to have found someone to pass it on to who knows how special these vehicles are. He knows of the forum here and I'm sure it will be a great resource for him!

85 silver car will be used as a parts car for a Tercel4WD restoration project of a fellow in Minnesota whose family had a Tercel4WD when he was a kid.

The contributions from folks on this forum have been invaluable to me over the 2 ½ year span that I daily drove both cars. Hope to be back again some day when I have the time and resources to take on another iteration of Tercel4WD ownership!