1985 Toyota Tercel SR 5 for sale Nebraska

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
bookman51
My tercel:: 1985 SR-5 Station Wagon

1985 Toyota Tercel SR 5 for sale Nebraska

Post by bookman51 »

I purchased my 1985 Toyota Tercel SR-5 new in the spring of 1985. It was exactly what I was looking for and it has been a great little car for 33 years. It now has about 134,000 miles on it. For the past several years it has been my wife's winter only car since she drives her 1993 Miata in the summers.

We have finally decided to sell it. I just had the struts and shocks replaced and the air conditioning recharged. Next week I am getting the hood repainted because of rock chips on the front of it. Two years ago I had the bottom part of the car repainted, and I have had parts of it repainted over the years as any sign of rust would appear. There is a little rust on the wheel rims and a tad bit by the driver's side rear wheel, but I will have that taken care of when I get the hood repainted. The inside is immaculate except for the cover around the shifting gear. It shows its wear and is flaking.

I can send pictures to interested parties via texts via my cell phone. I would like to find a good home for it (yes, I know it is an inanimate object...I think). I think everything works, but I have not tried the cruise control lately. It is gold and originally had the Leatherneck (or something like that) decals, but they are long gone now. No hard miles and just around town and to and from town (6 miles) during the winter in recent years by my wife. I put more aggressive tires on a couple of years ago, and it makes a great car for winter driving on slick roads. It will not plow through deep snow (never tried it anyway), but great on packed snow and ice.

Drop me an e-mail at ebony51@frontiernet.net if you are interested in learning more about it. Since I just put $1,200+ into it for the struts, etc., and will put another $200 to $300 for painting the hood, I am asking $2,950.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR 5 for sale Nebraska

Post by Mattel »

Sounds like a good solid car. You will still get more interest if you attach some photos though. Good luck and thanks for posting here.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that is actually a fair price if it is a good daily driver and in the condition you describe.

Not sure about the Nebraska market for used cars, but in my state that would sell easily, they are popular and have almost cult like status in the Seattle area.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
bookman51

Post by bookman51 »

Just email me and i will send pictures. I purchased it new in Florida 33 years ago. I think they tend to rust out in northern climates. I have kept after the rust. One small surface rust on hatchback....some chips on the front of the hood and some surface rust on edge of drivers side rear wheel well. Not perfect but pretty good for 33 year old car. Email me if you have questions or want pictures. I have not advertised it locally pending painting the hood probably later this week.
bookman51

Post by bookman51 »

Folks, just email me at ebony51@frontiernet.net. i will send and discuss particulars via private message but not to the whole world and possible scammers. Thanks
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

there are no scammer here, they get deleted and banned on this forum. Just us friendly neighborhood Tercelernaughts here.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
bookman51

Post by bookman51 »

The car is now sold. Heading as I write this from Nebraska to Oregon. After 33 years, I hope it serves the new owner well.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Good fortune to you - it sounded like a well-maintained vehicle.
Did you tell the new owner of our Club?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain