T4WD ads on Craigslist, 5/24 thru 6/6/2018 (CT, CO, TX, CA, NM, MT [OR??], AZ)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

T4WD ads on Craigslist, 5/24 thru 6/6/2018 (CT, CO, TX, CA, NM, MT [OR??], AZ)

Post by garyfish »

it's been a couple weeks since I searched Craigslist for T4WD's... a few low-mileage wagons out there this time

ads are listed in order from newer to older

PLEASE NOTE that I am not the seller of these vehicles! Please contact the seller through the info provided in each Craigslist ad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Lyme, CT

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 67882.html
https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/ ... 67534.html

1986 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, manual tranny, 85K, no rust, excellent condition -- $3275 firm
Ad updated 6/6/18 (ad originally posted 5/27/18)

1 owner
85 k original miles
Rare 4 wheel drive wagon
Manual transmission
Stock car radio ac
Runs and looks great
No rust
Well maintained
New brakes
New drive belts
New battery
All new fluids
These cars are super rare in this condition. Drive while it appreciates
203-833-2744
3275 firm

Glenwood Springs, CO

https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/d/19 ... 48240.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, 261K -- $1000 cash only
Ad updated 6/6/18 (ad originally posted 6/1/18)

Up for sale is the original mountain car! This thing is a beast! With the 4 wheel drive and skinny tires it just flies through the snow. It is pretty hilarious the looks you get when you are cruising through stuff the big suvs get stuck in. The 4wd is shift on the fly. In 2wd with summer tires the car gets around 30 mpg. Of course depending on how fast it is driven. If you average 55 mph or lower it will get 35ish. This is a 6 speed manual transmission. 5spd in 2wd and a granny low in 4wd. Trans shifts smooth, clutch feels good. Rated at 65hp she is no speed demon but w the manual transmission it easily keeps up with traffic. Front tires have maybe 5000 miles on them, rears are at about 40%. Comes with an extra set of studded snow tires mounted on wheels for easy and cheap changeover. Radio was stolen years ago, factory harness intact, just need to plug in a stock one or put in an upgrade. No AC, who needs AC in the mountains. Roll down those windows and breathe in that fresh air! Heat works great. All windows roll up and down well. Timing belt was done at 187k, currently at 262ish. Has some rust, paint isn't great, has some dents and dings, has a very small oil leak, but it does what an old Toyota does best, run and drive with no frills. I have been told one of the axles will need replaced, I have 2 spares for when it does. Drives about as well as a 262,000 mile car is expected to drive. Great commuter, car has been driven cross country 2 or 3 times a year for the last 10 years. Will run 70+ with ease.

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon (Terzilla)
261,xxx miles
Timing belt not due for another 26k.
Recent repairs include
Fuel pump
Starter
Tune up w fuel filter, plugs, wires
Comes w Studded snow tires mounted on wheels

I am only selling because we are moving and need to downsize. I own 2 Tercel wagons and keeping the other one because it only has 113,000 miles. I would not sell this but we will not have room for the extra car.

The car has a salvage title from an accident 15 or 20 years ago, I cannot remember for sure. Never has bothered me or the previous owner. I am sure if I look hard enough I can find evidence of the damage but it drives fine so never cared. I bought this from a friend and it has been well maintained.

$1000 title in hand, cash only and no, I will not take trades or payments.

Georgetown, TX

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/198 ... 10221.html

1983 Tercel SR5 wagon, odometer mileage not given, not running, been sitting for 18 years -- $1300 OBO
Date of listing: 6/6/18

I'm selling my 1983 Toyota Tercel project car this car has been sitting for 18 years but the engine runs strong will need work. Comes as a complete car not drivable at the moment because it needs brakes, and the gas tank cleaned out.
This car is getting very hard to find so you can fix it up or use it for parts to fix yours.
Just testing the waters
Remember this is a project car
Text for any offers James AT 512-750-6122

San Jose, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 26264.html

1985 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic transmission, 72K, excellent condition, for sale by dealer -- price not specified
Date of listing: 6/5/18

**Toyota Tercel**, 1985 Toyota Tercel, Grey/, V |72000 miles, Beautiful original condition rare Toyota Tercel all wheel drive which is very hard to come by. Clean Carfax vehicle has been in our collection for many years. Car starts, runs, and drives like it should. The AC is nice and cold, the brakes work, the horn works, the headlights work, the indicator lights work, everything appears to be in working order. This car is ready for loyal service to a new owner.Please give us a call with any questions |Stock#: AM4030, VIN: JT2AL32W6F0157810

This *Toyota Tercel* is offered by:
Stevens Creek Toyota Certified
4202 Stevens Creek Blvd
San Jose, CA 95129
Phone: (408) 763-8661 ext: 0033

Santa Fe, NM

1984 Tercel 4WD wagon, manual tranny, 170K -- $700
Date of listing: 6/5/18

Selling my lil' red Toyota tercel hatchback. Runs and drives, 4x4 is solid. Needs some suspension work because it's as old as the hills, but engine is strong! It's a classic and every Toyota geek at every gas station will tell you how cool it is!

Interior is rough, but who cares, this car is bitchin' and priced to sell. Make me an offer. Will consider trade for letting me ride one of your horses approximately four times a month and/or a working sewing machine.

Contact via text plz.

Missoula, MT (via Corvallis, OR ???)

https://missoula.craigslist.org/pts/d/1 ... 45629.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, 130K, needs clutch -- $450
Date of listing: 6/4/18

This low-mileage (130,000) Tercel is complete, and runs smooth. As you can see it has rust issues. Engine, trans, 4wd all work good. Near perfect interior. 2 sets of almost new tires, summer & winter. Just needs a clutch, or you could use the good parts off of it. Had just bought a brand new toyota oem brass radiator, maybe one of the last available! My son and I were going to fix it up but changed directions- we had started to fill the rusted panels with foam & treat the rust in prep to paint bedliner over it, to get some more years of use out of it. Clean & clear title. 450.00

Bellingham, WA

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 14669.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, 235K, not running -- $800 OBO
Ad updated on 6/4/18 (ad originally placed 5/30/18)

This car does not currently run, but is in fine shape otherwise.

A great vehicle and well worth getting back on the road.

I am moving and have another vehicle so I just need to let go of this.

The body is straight and the interior clean. It shows the age of a 33-year-old car in cracking rubber, some very minor rust and fading paint, but it sure makes up for all that in charisma and character.

Make me an offer!

Shelton, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/ ... 44696.html

1986 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, manual tranny, 300K, pops out of 4th gear -- $850
Date of listing: 5/30/18

Selling a 4WD Toyota Tercel. Not many 4WD Toyota wagons left. This one has a very solid body, all stock. New tires, oil change, spark plugs. 4WD works. Newer, nice stereo. Heater, PS, turn signals, brakes etc, all work. Only known problem is it won't stay in 4th gear. You can pull it into 4th, and it pops back out. All others speeds and reverse work fine. It is a 5 speed with a low "grannie" gear. Interior worn, but solid. Headliner great. Starts right up, every time. Has 300K+ miles. Per the original owner, the motor was replaced with a Toyota "crate" motor at one time. Has many receipts and manual.

Mesa, AZ

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/ ... 73403.html

1985 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic tranny, 45K -- $3550
Ad updated on 5/26/18 (ad originally placed 5/11/18)

starts right up, runs great, fun and economical, front wheel drive becomes 4wd with a push of button on the shifter, " shift on the fly" new tires, new windshield washer pumps, all lights, switches,buttons, knobs work as should. excellent interior and exterior, nada is $3550. the 2wd version lists for $275 less, but this one is 4wd. and the deluxe model with an automatic transmission, u get a full tank of petro. NO e-mails, NO texts, call (four eight zero) 650-2923.

1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016