1988 SR5 T4wd

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Buckeye_SR5
My tercel:: 1988 Tercel SR5

1988 SR5 T4wd

Post by Buckeye_SR5 »

Reluctantly parting with my very solid Tercel 4wd wagon that runs and drives great - starts every time! 3A 4 cyl engine/manual transmission. Great tires and brakes, all glass is good, all lights/signals work, and it runs down the road as it should. Clean/clear title with actual mileage (just under 199k).

It is 30 years old and not perfect. It could stand to be tuned up and may need a new carb at some point. It has some rust (see pics) and the clear coat has gone in a couple of spots. 4th gear synchro is going but it works fine with a double clutch or rev match. Really no big deal once you get the hang of it; I don't even notice it anymore. It comes with a low mileage complete transmission. It has the normal cosmetic bumps and bruises that are to be expected for a car this old. We don't have emissions testing or inspections in this part of Ohio, so I don't know what restrictions it may or may not meet for registration anywhere else.

It's a fun driver and turns heads! Breaking Bad fans give it a shout out now and then. I've been driving it daily, using it as a runner around town, for work, and for house projects and it's been great. So why am I selling? Unfortunately my kids' seats don't work in it, and I can't have an extra car/toy that we all can't use. So, it has to go even though I'm sure I won't find another one in this condition.

Could it be driven home? Obviously I can't make any guarantees, but I don't know of any reason that it won't make a trip. I'd bring the normal tools and road trip supplies, but that's the case with any old vehicle. Looking for $1800.
Attachments
tercelpsfrt.jpeg
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 1988 SR5 T4wd

Post by Petros »

very nice, good price too. where are you located?

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Bigdog66

Post by Bigdog66 »

Did this ever sell?

Where are you located near?

Thanks,
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Bigdog66 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:46 pm Did this ever sell?
Where are you located near?
Thanks,
I am just guessing, but from his nom de T4WD, he's in Ohio?
Perhaps in his past?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
StupidMuphin
My tercel:: None yet

Post by StupidMuphin »

Is this still for sale?