T4WD ads on Craigslist, 5/1 thru 5/10/2018 (IL, CA, WA, MT)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

T4WD ads on Craigslist, 5/1 thru 5/10/2018 (IL, CA, WA, MT)

Post by garyfish »

relatively few new listings, compared to earlier this year

ads are listed in order from newer to older

PLEASE NOTE that I am not the seller of these vehicles! Please contact the seller through the info provided in each Craigslist ad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

western Illinois

1988 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic tranny, 169K, needs brake work before it's driveable -- $1200 OBO
Date of listing: 5/9/18

1988 Toyota Tercel wagon
Clean interior
new brakes
new exhaust muffler
runs drives good
doesnt burn, smoke or leak any fluids
clean title in hand ready to sell

Needs new brake lines (will need trailered home)
$1200 obo cash only

San Luis Obispo, CA

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-t ... 88762.html

1984 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic tranny went bad (comes with low-mileage tranny to swap in), 110K -- Best offer over $1000
Date of listing: 5/8/18

110K original miles. Automatic, quit working at stoplight-no gears, grinds when putting into park. Engine is solid and smogs easily (have records). Interior is grey vinyl and has wear to drivers seat. I love this car and hate to part with it but it is something I'm not willing to repair. Tires good. Brakes excellent. Body and paint good with usual dings and a couple of rust spots. Many, many replacement parts particularly under hood. I am looking for someone that is a fan of these great cars and wants to work on it. I am looking for a reasonable offer and will not respond to ridiculous ones. Responding to text is best, NO phone calls please!
UPDATE: I purchased a low mileage 4wd automatic transmission from out of state with the belief I could install it myself-I have the know how, but realize my age and not having a lift to do the swap will prevent it. BEST OFFER OVER $1000.

near Yakima, WA

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/198 ... 53199.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, low-mileage 4ac engine, Weber carb, sun roof, lifted, many other modifications, 200K miles on body -- $3500
Listing updated 5/8/18 (Date of original ad: 5/5/18)

1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd. in good condition for its age, body is straight for the most part. Lifted on 4 runner springs, 32/36 weber carb, Mr2 14" wheels, Low mile 4ac swapped in, flow master muffler, pioneer Bluetooth stereo, 2" exhaust, no cat, 27" general grabbers. 200,000 miles on body sun roof works great, and doesn't leak. comes with rebuilt head. this car has been a reliable commuter car for me, and it gets 26 mpg. if you want it comes with stock wheels and tires, the original engine and all parts from that engine. call or text. no trades

Arcata, CA (Humboldt County)

https://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/d/1 ... 51130.html

1985 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, manual tranny, 154K -- $2300 OBO
Date of listing: 5/7/18

Very clean 85 Tercel with selectable 4wd, 5 speed manual, 154k miles. Fresh tune up and timing belt service, recent shocks and tires. Would make great summer camper or adventure rig. $2300 obo

near Missoula, MT

https://missoula.craigslist.org/cto/d/1 ... 04572.html

1983 Tercel SR5 wagon, 201K -- $900
Date of listing: 5/4/18

NEED TO GET RID OF! Mechanics special! Make me an offer!

We put about $800 of work into it. New tires, new belts, full tune up, new front axels, new alternator, new starter, all fuels upto date. Clean interior (for a 1983). No rust! AC/Heater. Trunk hatch functions! Great for ski/snowboard trips!

Again...NEED TO GET RID OF! Do you need a great rare 4WD Toyota vehicle for the winter!? You can't beat it!!!!

Contact me for offers! Any offer!

Thanks!

Camas, WA

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto ... 08204.html

1985 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic tranny, 1.5" lift, inclinometer, SR5 gauge cluster, many spare parts, 180K -- $2000 OBO
Listing updated 5/2/18 (Date of original ad: 5/1/18)

I have a mint 85 toyota tercel 4wd auto trans shifts perfect runs perfect 4wd works amazing this cars interior is a time capsole all tune up is done new fuel system new timing components water pump and all brakes pads rotors are new 1.5in lift. Trunk full of spare parts. Car has 180k miles and holds a clean title 2000obo

Olympia, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/ ... 74794.html

1986 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, automatic tranny, runs but needs work, odometer mileage not given -- $600
Date of listing: 5/1/18

hiya craigslisters,

bought this lil guy a little less than a year ago and have been a bit overwhelmed by mechanic's inspection and what to do next. decided to post here for any interested parties.

runs and drives! work needed to make it a daily driver.

(not everything listed below is still an issue, but most aren't resolved yet)
mechanic's inspection revealed:

"carb float level is too high, needs to be adjusted.
radiator is cracked in multiple spots, about to blow
sway bar bushings are cracked
brakes are squishy due to master cylinder
needs front brakes
rear brakes need to be adjusted
brake light is on due to low brake fluid
valve cover gasket is leaking
distributor o-ring is leaking
front crankshaft seal is leaking; needs timing belt
needs both drive belts
needs lower ball joints
front struts are blown
rear muffler is bad, needs to go to exhaust shop to have a new exhaust from cat converter back

needs tires all the way around

vehicle has a 3al engine, this is from a 83-87 corona or 84-88 carina. these are motors not sold in the u.s. unsure where to buy parts for this."

does this sound like a nice challenge?

this wagon has awesome brown tercel 4wd seats for driver and passenger (newer, in good condition), the rear bench is original gray.

1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016