83 Tercel SR5 4WD $500

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
smokerx
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 wagon 4WD stock 3A-C Federal

83 Tercel SR5 4WD $500

Post by smokerx »

Located in Austin Tx. 186,ooo miles. Inclinometer works, but dash panel cover has cracked off. Horn is an aftermarket button I installed. Manual transmission. Has no 4th gear. 4th gear feels like neutral but can be driven without 4th gear. Original exhaust pipe has rusted in half in the middle of the intermediate and mates to half a aftermarket canadian intermediate exhaust pipe and muffler. You may want to have it welded where I mated it. Has been parked for a few years, but ran when parked and was ready for safety inspection and gas was drained. Needs a battery. A/c Does not work.

Rebuilt carb, headgasket, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets where replaced over the years I've had it. I've also replaced alot of the vac hoses and fuel pump. It had a bad shake when going into left turns that I haven't tested to see if a sway bar and bushings fixed judging by the condition of the old sway bar I would say this is probable. Aftermarket stereo, Tires look weather rotted, Sanded it down for body work to patch rust holes with bondo, primed it and gave it a "poor mans paint job", this has not held up well so paint looks crappy and dull. Haven't looked at it in a year but noticed the brake fluid looks low. Has been in a front end collision so there's crunched metal in the engine bay and the hood has hood pins.

I have been working on it to make it road worthy and haven't driven it in years, I would say it was close, but I got a 1998 vehicle and rebuilt that instead for a daily driver and have been watching the thing slowly age for the last 2 years and need the parking space. I will include the Factory Service Manual. Title in hand.