T4WD ads on Craigslist, 2/13 thru 2/18/2018 (CA, NV, TX, OK, IL, OR, AZ, CO)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

T4WD ads on Craigslist, 2/13 thru 2/18/2018 (CA, NV, TX, OK, IL, OR, AZ, CO)

Post by garyfish »

listed in order of newer to older ads

PLEASE NOTE that I am not the seller of these vehicles! Please contact the seller through the info provided in each Craigslist ad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grass Valley, CA

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/ ... 48120.html

1986 Tercel SR5 wagon, sunroof, 171K miles -- $1400
Date of listing: 2/17/18

1986 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon 6 speed
sunrise Cali plates
sunroof
second 3AC engine
needs a new carb
Even though i have clean signed title, the car will be sold with a bill of sale "for parts only" as i have no intention of dealing with any smog or registration issues.
thanks,
bill

near Reno, NV

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988- ... 53456.html

1988 Tercel SR5 wagon, 109K miles -- $5600 obo

Selling our trusty T4WD. This car only has 110,000 miles on it and considering the age, both the exterior and interior are in excellent condition. I have not seen a Tercel SR5 in the last 10 years that looks this nice. Clean title, currently registered in CA but has not been smogged in 2 years. Been our daily driver since we have owned it. As with any cars this old, there are some things that need to be done to make it perfect; belts, shock/struts, RR axle seal leaking etc. We are selling as is, and complete (please no parts requests). Rack in pics not included. Price is $5600 OBO. Anyone familiar with these cars knows the value, please no tire kickers or low-ballers.

Lubbock, TX

https://lubbock.craigslist.org/cto/d/19 ... 97178.html

1983 Tercel SR5 wagon, 98K miles -- $1200

1983 Toyota Tercel. 5 spd 4 cyl 4x4 car. Yes it's 4x4 and even has 4 low gear. Runs and drives great. Has a cracked windshield and other cosmetic issues. Great little hunting wagon. New tires. Text preferred 806 778 0630

Stillwater, OK

https://stillwater.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 85659.html

1988 Tercel SR5 wagon, 342K miles -- $1400 obo
Date of listing: updated 2/17/18 (first listed 2/9/18)

Would like to sell today make me an offer!

I have a 1988 Tercel for sale
It runs and drives, fresh carb rebuild
Has the 6 speed transmission, (Extra Low 4WD plus 5 gears)
4WD works great, heat blows hot
I have the front bumper, taken off for clearance issues
Front drivers side has a ding on it, light housing broken but the light still works fine
Tags and title are up to date
Price is OBO also open to trades
Text or email preferred, thanks!

Rockford, IL

https://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/d/8 ... 70542.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, 170K miles, not driveable due to transmission problem -- $700
Date of listing: 2/16/18 (first listed in late December 2017, and updated a couple times since then)

85 Toyota Tercel wagon 4 WD. Car runs good but something in the trans or transaxle broke. Car is 6 speed manual but will not drive due to that. Has new steering rack and struts.Newer radiator, new timing belt

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 08738.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, 304K miles -- $2400
Date of listing: 2/15/18

Appropriately nick named the Billy Goat, this Tercel is a rad little 4wd wagon! It has been maintained by Dean's Car Care since 2014. Currently has 304k miles and running strong! Tough as nails and great in the snow. 6 speed manual transmission shifts super smooth and a real fun ride.

Recent maintenance and repairs include the following

- replaced right front wheel bearing
- all new tires on 14" Honda Accord steel wheels

- new spark plugs
-new muffler
-new alternator
-new drive belts

- new distributor cap and rotor
- new brake hoses
-new brake pads, brake shoes, caliper, wheel cylinders
-new windshield

- new water pump

-new axles
-new Hella headlights
-rebuilt cylinder head and gaskets (including timing belt, thermostat, oil seals, fuel filter, ignition wires etc)
-new struts and front end bushings

there is a MINOR leak from the front differential- if you top up the fluid every other oil change it is not an issue. The interior has some wear and tear consistent with age and use but overall decent. Sunroof is sealed shut to prevent any leaks. Kayak rack not included but does include the roof rack bars and towers . Currently has Washington plates, but has previously been registered in Oregon/passed DEQ.

Send us an e-mail with any questions or to arrange a time to come check it out!

Sandy, OR (near Portland)

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto ... 45987.html

1985 Tercel 4WD DLX, automatic transmission (needs repair), 232K miles -- $1400 obo (reduced from $2000 asking price on 2/6/18)
Date of listing: updated 2/15/18 (ad first posted about 1/18/18, updated 2/6/18)

This is a clean car. Interior is in excellent condition. No stains, no rips, nothing missing, everything is in place and clean.

Exterior is in good condition. No rust, no dents, no scratches. Everything is in place and working. Has a car rack too.

The engine runs great. Exhaust is in good shape. New brakes and booster. Front and rear end has been gone through and everything is in good shape or new. Recent tune-up and carburator rebuild. Replaced vacuum lines. Timing belt replaced. Lifted 1.5" in the front end and new struts. Pathfinder springs and Tbird shocks in the rear end.

Work has been done to this car beyond what I have listed. I also have a trunk full of parts for the car that go with it.

The automatic transmission has a bad governor. It won't move unless 4x4 is engaged so I don't drive it. It can be driven but the governor needs to be replaced. A new governor is available. I have not had time to replace it but it is not difficult.

near Phoenix, AZ

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/ ... 01368.html

1987 Tercel SR5 wagon, sunroof, 277K miles -- $1400
Date of listing: 2/15/18 (first listed 1/17/18)

This has been my project vehicle for the past few years. I rescued it out of someone's yard in New Mexico where it had sat. Has been an Arizona / New Mexico vehicle its whole life. It was destined to be a parts car but I got it everything it was missing and now it's complete again.

4wd, 6 speed manual, A/C, power sunroof, roof rack, ran and drove when parked last May, will start right up with gas poured in the carb but won't stay running since the fuel system is dry and gas is old (will need trailering anyway because it could use a good look over the drivetrain since I haven't gotten through everything)

Transmission was dropped and had all the seals replaced. New CV axles installed with transmission. Has a new timing belt installed with 0 miles. New exhaust from the header back. Clutch has plenty of life left. Tires all have good tread and steel wheels replaced with Toyota alloys. A bit of dry rot on the edges. Oil / filter changed last year before being parked. Has a bunch of spare parts in the back too.

Feel free to ask questions. These are cool cars and this one deserves a home that will take good care of it.

p.s. I do not need help selling this please stop calling me I hate you

Salem, OR

https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985 ... 51787.html

1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, low-mileage 4AC engine (200K on odometer), Weber carb -- $3500
Date of listing: 2/14/18

1985 Toyota Tercel 4x4. In good condition for its age, body is straight for the most part. Lifted on 4Runner springs, 32/36 Weber carburetor, mr2 14" rims, low mile 4ac swapped in, magnaflow muffler, 2" exhaust, cat delete, 27" general grabbers. 200,000 on body. Comes with a rebuilt head as well. Stand out from all the Subaru wagons with this retro Toyota, with awesome argyle interior and boxy exterior this thing is the embodiment of the 80's. Price is firm, open to trades.

western slope, CO

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 50654.html

1983 Tercel SR5 wagon, problem with front differential, 237K miles -- $500
Date of listing: updated 2/13/18 (originally listed about 1/18/18, and updated a few times since then)

1983 Toyota tercel 5 door 237,000 miles. been parked for years now. it was the car I wanted and for a year it was great. then I had a front axle/ front differential problem. I got ripped off by one mechanic ( thanks Darrel h!). eventually I lost my mojo with it. the engine is good. the interior is clean. just needs fixed

1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
JDNightFox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: toyota

Re: T4WD ads on Craigslist, 2/13 thru 2/18/2018 (CA, NV, TX, OK, IL, OR, AZ, CO)

Post by JDNightFox »

The Phoenix AZ one is mine, that's the one I picked up from irowiki in 2015

someone last week offered me $500 to take it through the Lemons 500
seantp
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4WD Wagon

Re: T4WD ads on Craigslist, 2/13 thru 2/18/2018 (CA, NV, TX, OK, IL, OR, AZ, CO)

Post by seantp »

Picked up the one in Lubbock. Rust free!
Attachments
IMG_20180309_061814-800x450.jpg
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

A low-mileage Texas Terk finds a home in Vermont... that's quite the long-distance transaction!
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
seantp
Advanced Member

Post by seantp »

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, It was quite the adventure driving it up from Texas on a bad head gasket, spiderwebed windshield and no heat. I lost my brakes in Ohio. Some knucklehead left a bolt clanging around in the wheel and it took out the brake cylinder.

This baby is completely rust free, even has original paint on the underside. It needs repair. Windshield (finally found one with a nice blue tint along the top), head gasket, front struts, tie rod ends, leaky tranny. Doing new plugs, wires, and rotor as well as the Timing belt. Drivers window crank and mirror glass too. The horn was missing so I got me an Aoooogah, lol, and a back up beeper.

I'll do an undercoat for sure and hope to get it painted at the local Votec in the fall.

Doing the one inch spacer lift on the front and the Monroe's in the back. Been trying to find some all-terrains. Some Maxsport forests would be bad-ass if they're ever in stock DOT approved.

It might be sacrelige, but I stripped a blue zig-zag interior from an 87 Terc and to go in my 83. I'm going to mix it in with the tan for what broke during removal. The only thing I gather won't work is the steering wheel column cover which will be hard to find and I need the back trim cover for the clinometer. Most of the interior is pretty crispy and brittle to the point where things like a vent directional dial broke in half when I touched it.

The rear bumper cover has a split on the top but I'm thinking some black coated diamond plate would look sharp. Future ideas would be brush bars and winch, skid plates and a roof rack for added toughness. Larger wheels might be in order but I'd hate to give up the stock white ones.

There's a few other Terc Wagons I've seen in the area. A New England meetup and cruise would be awesome.

So I'm on the interior this weekend. I borrowed a carpet extractor to deep clean. The windshield goes in Monday and the mechanical work happens Tuesday. I'll probably do a sand down and red primer job after that. I'll be sure to post pics of the restoration process. I'm stoked to get my buggy inspectable and roadworthy! It's going to be my daily driver.

BTW, the mileage was not as advertised. It had 218k plus and I added 2000 on the drive from TX to VT. Given the state of things when I did it it's clear to see these Tercs are tough as nails.

Anyway, I'm real glad this forum exists. Anyone for a Tercel Facebook group and page? Unless it would detract contributors from here. Hit me up with replys or PMs anytime. Stay tuned!

-Sean in Vermont
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum, nice find. took a braver drive to take an unknown car cross country in the winter. though I have done it several times, but I plan for and expect repairs along the way, and head gasket is always in my road kit.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
seantp
Advanced Member

Post by seantp »

Ty! I have your guide printed and ready for the mechanic!