Tercel wagons for sale in Oregon... some 4WD, a couple 2WD

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Tercel wagons for sale in Oregon... some 4WD, a couple 2WD

Post by garyfish »

was perusing an ad on the Salem, OR Craigslist... and these popped up so I thought I'd post the links here

I wonder if Oregon has the most T4WD's per capita of any state... sure seems like it might

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandy, OR (near Portland)

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto ... 45987.html

1985 Tercel 4WD DLX, automatic transmission (needs repair), 232K miles -- $2000 obo
Date of listing: updated 2/6/18 (ad first posted about 1/18/18)

This is a clean car. Interior is in excellent condition. No stains, no rips, nothing missing, everything is in place and clean and working.

Exterior is in good condition. No rust, no dents, no scratches. Everything is in place and working. Has a car rack too.

The engine runs great. Exhaust is in good shape. New brakes and booster. Front and rear end has been gone through and everything is in good shape or new. Recent tune-up and carburator rebuild. New vacuum lines. Timing belt replaced. Lifted 1.5" in the front end and new struts. Pathfinder springs and Tbird shocks in the rear end.

Work has been done to this car beyond what I have listed. I also have a trunk full of parts for the car that go with it.

The automatic transmission has a bad governor. It won't move unless 4x4 is engaged so I don't drive it. It can be driven but the governor needs to be replaced. A new governor is available. I have not had time to replace it but it is not difficult.

$2000 obo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 94117.html

1986 Tercel 2WD wagon, manual tranny, 205K -- $590
Date of listing: 2/6/18

1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon 2WD 4 cyl, 1.5 L, Manual 5-spd
205+miles
Priced to Sell
4th owner
This is a collector car for a person that knows & wants this car. If you're interested in using it as a daily driver it has been driving around within a 50 block area just fine it has oil leak, might need distributor cap & it will need tags to be road legal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

near Roseburg, OR

https://roseburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1 ... 90119.html

TWO Tercel 4WD wagons (1984 DLX w/ auto trans., clear title, blown head gasket, 295K) + (1984 SR5, stuck in gear, MISSING TITLE, 237K) -- $500 for the pair (previously listed at $350 each)
Date of listing: updated 2/6/18 (first listed in early January, and several times since then)

I have two 1984's Toyota Tercel Wx4 wagons up for grabs for only $500. that's for both folks. One is the SR5 with the 6 speed manual tranny and the other is an automatic with pwr steering and air-conditioning. The automatic has clean title, the other one the title is missing ( but might be found). No dents or rust on either. Strong running engine in the sr5, newer radiator and starter....but, it's stuck in a gear and won't come out....(plus, I'm no mechanic). The other runs too, but has a blown head gasket. Both for only $500.
Will consider selling them separately if the offer is within reason......will also consider trades!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bend, OR

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyot ... 14010.html

1986 Tercel SR5 wagon, 290K -- $1600
Date of listing: 2/3/18

Runs Good, always starts up. 6 Speed manual. front wheel drive with on the fly 4 wheel drive. 290k miles. 14 inch wheels with nice studless snow tires. CD player/usb aux cord. Extra summer tires mounted on similar wheels.

Good: I have replaced the...
New Starter
New Alternator
New Fuel pump
New Cap, Rotor, Plugs

15k miles ago, it had the following work done to it.
New Brakes
New water pump
New timing belt
New Engine Valve Seals
New Serpentine Belt
Functional 4WD, fantastic handling in snow.

Bad:
Exterior has character.
Has some oil leaking.
Missing door panel.

Most everything is working on this little rig. Fun to drive. Good on gas. Classic 4 x 4 Toyota.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eugene, OR

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/198 ... 57959.html

1984 2WD Tercel wagon, manual tranny, blown head gasket, missing title, odometer mileage not given -- $200
Date of listing: last updated 1/16/18 (ad first posted 1/11/18)

well for starters the car has a blown headgaset but it's got all new water pump timing belt thermostat and radiator. the car starts and runs but will red line when you fire it up but the motor is golden with great compression you can take 50 bucks and 2 hours of your time.and.have a great running car. or you could spend 300 on a motor that swaps right in the 4ac I'd fix and drive it but I need a newer more baby friendly car and I don't want to see a perfectly good car go to the scrap yard also you will have to file for a lost title I have paperwork for all the new parts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

near Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 17287.html

1985 Tercel DLX 4WD, automatic transmission, 164K -- $1000 or trade
Date listed: 1/7/18

Selling this quirky heap. At this point, I've spent more time just effing around with it then actually driving it so I'm just super over the whole situation.

Let's start with the bad:
Undiagnosed engine knock- started when the front main seal blew on the I 84 and all of the oil quickly vacated the motor.

Drivers side window isn't really attached to the window mechanism- I removed the door panel so I can kind of shimmy it up or down. Still have the door panel

Front left fender has been replaced and badly repaired. Features some black duct tape around the front left head light.

Drivers side door lock is all loose from where somebody tried to steal the car one time. But still works.

Front seat covers are effed.

And now the positive!

Automatic transmission

4 wheel drive!! Is awesome and works!

New muffler and tailpipe

Replaced the head gasket, front main seal, distributer seal, oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket (whew)

New spark plug wires

New ignition coil in distributer

Suspension smooth as butter

Cute fun rare vintage toyota hatchback that just needs some (a lot) of love and someone who knows what they're doing (not me). Could be a cool little adventure rig for heading up to the mountain in the winter etc.

Passes DEQ no problemo

Willing to part this thing out and open to all trades. Willing to trade for:
other older Toyotas
77 Celica GT
First gen Toyota pickups
Welding equipment
Guns and ammo
Other interesting stuff

Call Kay 503-313-5692

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
Hoodwagon
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Re: Tercel wagons for sale in Oregon... some 4WD, a couple 2WD

Post by Hoodwagon »

Thanks for aggregating all of these ads together Gary! I'm just over the Washington border and while I had to wait awhile for a clean low mileage T4 to get listed I certainly see a lot of them being posted.

If you're looking for more (and have facebook) check out the facebook marketplace postings. I think there is (or were at least) 2-3 in OR,WA that are not listed on craigslist but are listed on the marketplace.
1985 Toyota Tercel SR5
Pacific Northwest, USA
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Hoodie, thanks for the props, good to know at least a few folks get something out of these compilations.

Alas, I don't "do" FB, so it will be left to others (if they choose) to search the FB marketplace for T4WD listings. I for one would welcome such an undertaking.
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
Hoodwagon
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Post by Hoodwagon »

Gary,

I wish I didn't 'do' facebook....... But it's a convenient way to keep my sisters and in-laws placated with a stream of my kids photos with minimal effort. I mean what else am I going to do....print them? :D /bah

I don't think that you can link things from the facebook marketplace. Need a log in to even search, but I will see if it's possible!
1985 Toyota Tercel SR5
Pacific Northwest, USA