'84 S5 Craigslist Marne IA $1600 OBO

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

'84 S5 Craigslist Marne IA $1600 OBO

Post by ARCHINSTL »

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5599549722.html
Weber - nice interior - quite a bit of rust outside - 13 pix - has inclinometer - removed AC - 157k miles - sort of lemon color (I don't think I've seen this color before).
While this is on the Des Moines CL, Marne is actually about 50 miles NE of Council Bluffs and perhaps 60 miles West of Des Moines.
Hey Chris , this is about 50 miles North of you, up US 71!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: '84 S5 Craigslist Marne IA $1600 OBO

Post by irowiki »

I think it is the faded Cream like Petro's daily.

A little high for the rust, I think.

Also, I use the AC in my 87 FWD and it doesn't harm it that much except up a hill.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

nice wheels, looks like a decent deal if the rust is not through out the car.

The pictures look like surface rust that can mostly be fixed, but if it is more extensive than it appears in the pics, that price is way too high, no matter the mechanical condition.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

ARCHINSTL wrote:https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5599549722.html
Weber - nice interior - quite a bit of rust outside - 13 pix - has inclinometer - removed AC - 157k miles - sort of lemon color (I don't think I've seen this color before).
While this is on the Des Moines CL, Marne is actually about 50 miles NE of Council Bluffs and perhaps 60 miles West of Des Moines.
Hey Chris , this is about 50 miles North of you, up US 71!
Tom M.

Hey Tom,

It is directly north, but just over 100 miles. I'll have to wait for carb issues to consider the weber conversion, as the stock carb on my car is working/driving great. After reading so many complaints about performance, I'm often surprised when that little1.5 revs right to 4K and drags along nicely. Of course the 4.11 gears help and it still travels the highway fine in my opinion. Which is good, as I have plenty of rust to play with when I have time. Honestly though, I bet I could put 100k miles on it in the next 4+ years without any rust repair. Of course, I hope to drive it longer/further than that, so I will address structural issues I find. Plus, I do want to play in the snow and mud some, which will put more stress on everything.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain